Help me choose an SL!

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Your SL's are beautiful! I love both of the colors you own. I can't, for the life of me, understand why LV stopped making this bag. It's timeless and so elegant and understated. Very chic and classy! Congrats on both of yours. Enjoy.

2. Thanks so much for the compliment. [emoji4] Like you, I'm also baffled with LV's decision to discontinue the SL's. Gone are the days where a majority of their bags were classics, around for years and years. They've even discontinued the much loved empreinte Speedys, and I hear possibly the Neverfull as well! Go figure, right?

3. That's a good idea!! If I can't decide after talking to my SA, I'll see if I can do that. Thanks for the tip!

4. Hi there, I'm planning to order my SL tomorrow! My SA says she will be able to order galet for me if that's what I decide. I have one last (probably silly) question that I'm hoping you can answer. I tried on the SC in galet and loved the color on me, I thought it was much more flattering than noir. From the pictures I've seen, the SL in galet seems so much lighter than the galet I saw in person and even looks different from how pictures of the SC appear. I know the gold hardware makes the tone seem a little different, but I mean just looking at the leather parts, the SL appears much lighter. I'm wondering if you were able to see both the SL and SC in galet when you were choosing a bag, and if the colors were really any different or if it's just something about pictures. Thanks so much and sorry for all the picky questions!

5. Hi. It's not being picky at all, and I can completely relate! I was set to get the SL in Galet, but kept hesitating because I thought the leather was a little cool - toned and the bag has silver hardware. Gold hardware is always my preference. I've always loved the SC, and when I compared Galet in the SC with the gold hardware to the SL, it just looked nicer on me and the leather was definitely a smudge darker and definitely a bit warmer as well. Galet is a gorgeous neutral and both bags are absolutely beautiful. The SC PM was perfect on me though and I absolutely love that bag. For me, that was the right choice.

6. #36 Jun 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
    For some reason my above response didn't " quote". I hope this helps. I look forward to seeing what you choose!

7. My responses aren't quoting??

8. Hmm your responses don't seem to be quoting, that's odd 😕. Thanks for your response, it was very helpful! The SC is certainly breathtaking, but I felt like the SL fit my lifestyle better. I love that you found your perfect bag, I hope I choose something that works as well for me!

9. Did you choose a SL color?

10. I ordered the galet yesterday! I have to wait for my SA to get it from another store before it ships to me. I was waiting to post until I knew for sure it was on its way, but it sounds like they definitely have it in stock! Thanks for all your advice. I hope I made the right choice, I'm honestly a little nervous and am really hoping I won't have problems with the light color.

11. #41 Jun 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
    You chose a beautiful color. Galet is so elegant in SL. I don't think you'll have any problems with the color. It's not that light and you seem like someone who takes care. I wore my SC with dark denim/ dark colors much of last winter and no problems at all. When I mentioned my concern to my SA, she said if I notice any color transfer at all, bring it in. They have a product in the boutique they can use on it. That said, she didn't think it would be necessary. I don't think I'll ever tire of the color. It's soft, neutral, yet not basic or boring. I hope you love it once you have it!

12. Thanks for reassuring me, I can't wait for it to get here! I definitely take care of things, probably a little obsessively lol. I loved the galet when I tried on the SC bag. It was really stunning and the noir SC didn't look nearly as nice on me. I hope the same is true for the SL!!