Help me choose a watch: - Panerai vs. Panerai, LOL.

Which one do you like?

• Base with no second-hand

• Marina with second-hand

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bee...Bee

Dizziness to myself
Mar 16, 2006
I’ve forked out for a Panerai Luminor Marina watch only last month but on reflection it was probably a bit too gung-ho and a bad decision because it is so un-‘retro’ :upsidedown: (because 1. the date on it, 2. the dial is not black and 3. it’s not a right-handed version, though this is not too important) which is in the attachment:

Fortunately I get a chance to redeem myself with either of these Luminors: - one has second-hand and one hasn’t. So I want to get rid of the one I have and buy either one of these now. The thing is I’m in dilemma because the first one has that distinctive Panerai second-hand at 9 o’clock but then the second one is like the original original worn by Italian military frogmen in 2nd World War.

1112195883932_foto_scheda.jpg
1057944102110_foto_scheda.jpg

So just from the aesthetic perspective of the face (forget about the strap because you get a screwdriver to change it), which one do you think is cuter given that both look like some kind of glo-in-the-dark $9.99 cheapo from Wal-Mart anyway. BTW I love this so no one will ever think of cutting off my hand to steal it, LOL.

Attachments

• PAM.jpg
    PAM.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 13,294
My DH says go with the Marina with 2nd Hand, also BTW the pic of the Base with the Logo has a Solid S/S Backing whereas the Marina has a Clear Saphire See-thru Backing.

Thanks a lot for your opinion. Two is enough because originally I wanted the Marina as well but the sales gentleman was keen for me to have the Base (even though it's cheaper) because he said it's more 'historic.'