Help me choose a uni bag !!

Hey everyone.. Today I got a refund for a the Prada double zip I purchased one month ago because of some issues (mainly quality but that's not the subject so I'll leave it :P). The thing is that bag was supposed to be my uni bag which I'll start this september.. I really saved a lot of money for it and when it was enough I just didn't wait and pulled the trigger lol. But now as you can see, I have no bag for uni :sad: I've been looking around,listing a few bags and stuff but still think I might miss a few other options. So could you help and suggest me a few please ? :smile:

The features I'm looking for : daily essentials (wallet,glasses,umbrella),small pencil case, iPad,books (not a lot though,1 or 2), notebook (A4 paper must fit in without any difficulties).I don't really tend to get the bag heavy,I won't put in folders and stuff.

My budget is up to £2000 (around $3400) so would prefer it if it was in premium designer or a really good contemporary designer. My no-no brands : LV and MK.

Hey everyone.. Today I got a refund for a the Prada double zip I purchased one month ago because of some issues (mainly quality but that's not the subject so I'll leave it :P). The thing is that bag was supposed to be my uni bag which I'll start this september.. I really saved a lot of money for it and when it was enough I just didn't wait and pulled the trigger lol. But now as you can see, I have no bag for uni :sad: I've been looking around,listing a few bags and stuff but still think I might miss a few other options. So could you help and suggest me a few please ? :smile:

The features I'm looking for : daily essentials (wallet,glasses,umbrella),small pencil case, iPad,books (not a lot though,1 or 2), notebook (A4 paper must fit in without any difficulties).I don't really tend to get the bag heavy,I won't put in folders and stuff.

My budget is up to £2000 (around $3400) so would prefer it if it was in premium designer or a really good contemporary designer. My no-no brands : LV and MK.

That's a bummer that your Prada double zip didn't work out. Have you looked into the possibility of a Fendi 2jours? Seems like it would be large enough for what you need to carry and has a nice, structured, sophisticated look.

Have you looked at the Chloe large Marcie? It seems like you may need a structured bag. There is the Chanel Grand Shopper totes and the Cerf. I would not rule out Consigment sites-I just saw some nice things on Portero.

What about Hermès'Garden Party in 36 cm? It comes in toile and leather, a little bit less than 1500 euros and in full leather around 2300 euros. Lots of lovely colours as well.
Lightweight, roomy, extraordinary quality, and under the radar as well.....
Will last a lifetime.....

That's a bummer that your Prada double zip didn't work out. Have you looked into the possibility of a Fendi 2jours? Seems like it would be large enough for what you need to carry and has a nice, structured, sophisticated look.

I know,I waited for that bag for like 2 years. Such disappointment :shucks: I love the fall collection Fendi bags so much. That's on my list to check it out in store,if I like the bag in general,might have to wait for the new collection to come out :biggrin: Thanks for suggestion :smile:

Have you looked at the Chloe large Marcie? It seems like you may need a structured bag. There is the Chanel Grand Shopper totes and the Cerf. I would not rule out Consigment sites-I just saw some nice things on Portero.

As a matter of fact,grand shopper tote is the first one in my list at the moment but if I only could find the right colour for myself. I really like the shape of the Chloe ones but I need to check it in stores. Thanks hun :smile:

What about Hermès'Garden Party in 36 cm? It comes in toile and leather, a little bit less than 1500 euros and in full leather around 2300 euros. Lots of lovely colours as well.

Omg I've never thought about Hermes cause always thought all of their bags are out of my price range :P Will definitely check it out ! thanks for the suggestion ! :smile:

Omg I've never thought about Hermes cause always thought all of their bags are out of my price range :P Will definitely check it out ! thanks for the suggestion ! :smile:

If I could add as well, the Hermès Double Sens is the same/similar price to the GP (the DS is £2370) and it is breathtakingly beautiful to use, and reversible. I used a Longchamp at uni and the DS 45 is a similar volume. Many tPFers have used theirs for years stuffed with work things and files and things. It's also easier to carry over your shoulder, which was absolutely non negotiable for me at uni.
Here is the link to the thread in the subforum:
http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/liking-that-double-sens-562619.html

Whatever way you go with Hermès either GP or DS, they are both true workhorses and will last you forever.

If I could add as well, the Hermès Double Sens is the same/similar price to the GP (the DS is £2370) and it is breathtakingly beautiful to use, and reversible. I used a Longchamp at uni and the DS 45 is a similar volume. Many tPFers have used theirs for years stuffed with work things and files and things. It's also easier to carry over your shoulder, which was absolutely non negotiable for me at uni.
Here is the link to the thread in the subforum:
http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/liking-that-double-sens-562619.html

Whatever way you go with Hermès either GP or DS, they are both true workhorses and will last you forever.

I checked that as well but I think I like the look of GP better..I'm so excited now,never thought I would own a Hermes bag at this age :biggrin: Thanks btw :smile:

What about Chanel GST or CERF TOTE. I have Double sens and I think it would get heavy for UNI. The GP is great but make sure you can put it on your shoulder with room to spare if you need a jacket.

Another vote for Hermes Double Sens 45. I carry my MacBook Air, files, lunch, wallet, umbrella, etc in it and it's not too heavy. I tried the larger GP on in store but the straps kept sliding off my shoulder.

Hey guys. First of all,thank you all of your recommendations. I've considered my options now and decided not to spend that much on a uni bag and lowered my budget to less than £1000 ,gonna buy a pair of Louboutin with the rest :smile: Even though, I would love to have a Chanel or Hermes,I wouldn't feel comfortable carrying it around in uni. I have a work placement in two years which is part of my uni course and it's in business sector so gonna start saving again and getting a chanel or Hermes for that time :cool: My choices right now are 1.Dior Panarea,old version of this bag if I find it in desired colour. If I don't find dior,I'm just gonna get a Phillip Lim pashli..They are really beautiful :heart:

I love my panera my only thought is that all the stuff you mentioned might become quite heavy and potentially damaging to the straps. I'm sure the straps can withhold the pressure but even with a few pounds in my bag i can already feel it pulling on the handles.