Help me choose a Tory bag!

eury.dice

Jan 23, 2014
I'm looking for a tote or shoulder bag for class/everyday wear. I usually carry a 13 inch MacBook Pro, charger, wallet, and makeup bag. I'm usually tough on my bags, and get a lot of wear and tear, unfortunately :sad:
I love the look of the Marion slouchy tote a lot (both the big cinched one and the smaller compartmentalized one) but I'm not sure how well it will hold up. I am also considering the York Buckle tote.
For anyone who's had experienced with any of these bags, I'd appreciate any advice!

I own the slouchy Marion and the York in both sizes. I find the York better for carrying laptops and electronics as it is more structured. The saffiano leather does get corner wear and light scratches but other than those two issues I love the bag and find the bag it great for everyday wear.

Actually, I lied! I just got off the phone with a friend and she also recommended the Perry tote and the Robinson Double Zip. What are you guys' thoughts on these?

Robinson Double Zip is a heavy bag and the strap isn't really comfortable to me for shoulders. I do not recommend the saffiano version if you will be carrying a lot of stuff. Perry tote is okay but the York tote has more pockets for organization. Perry tote only has one pocket and it's a fully open tote. The York tote is designed as a work bag. There is even a padded center pocket for tablets and such and the pockets are large enough to hold smartphones.

I own both the Robinson and York, but the latter is more functional to carry the items listed above. The Robinson is gorgeous but gets heavy really quick because I normally wear it in the crook of my arm.

Thanks you guys! So jealous of your TB collection 😘
I am playing with the idea of purchasing off eBay or Posh....are repairs possible if I ask for a receipt/proof of purchase? Or would you recommend spending a little more to purchase from Nordstrom or her site?

Thanks for your advice! What color did you guys end up getting? How comfortable are the straps with the weight of the laptop?

I actually have the small york-it's in the color French Gray. I have the macbook pro 13 inch retina, so it's a bit lighter than other laptops. It's too big to fit in the zippered pouch, but it sits in the outer compartment just fine. It's not heavy at all, and there's still room for my other necessities. In the larger size, I think it'd be even better.

I'm looking for a tote or shoulder bag for class/everyday wear. I usually carry a 13 inch MacBook Pro, charger, wallet, and makeup bag. I'm usually tough on my bags, and get a lot of wear and tear, unfortunately :sad:
I love the look of the Marion slouchy tote a lot (both the big cinched one and the smaller compartmentalized one) but I'm not sure how well it will hold up. I am also considering the York Buckle tote.
For anyone who's had experienced with any of these bags, I'd appreciate any advice!

Take a look at the robinson tote its really cool 😊😊