Help Me Choose a Memphis SLG

iluvmybags

& My Motos & Shoes!
O.G.
Sep 13, 2006
There are only three things that I've been waiting for from the new S/S line -- the Ginny (which was certain) and either the Memphis Zip Clutch or Pouchette.

I really want something from the Memphis line and a bag is pretty much out of the question so I figured a SLG would be the best solution. Originally, I was thinking a Black ZC (it's only going to be available in Black, Purple & Brown), since I figured I'd get the most use from it. But then I saw there was a Pouchette and thought that maybe that would be better since I could use it as a clutch or as a pouch inside my larger bags. If I went w/the Pouchette, its between Black & Beige, but I've been leaning towards the Beige (I've been waiting to see them IRL before deciding which style and/or color to get).

Well now I see that the Pouchette is available at the Sherman Oaks Bloomies -- that's a really good discount and it seems silly not to take advantage of it, but I'm still not sure if the Pouchette is the best way to go or if I really want it in Black.

What do you guys think? Should I just go for the Black Pouchette since it would both satisfy my need for a Memphis SLG AND cost me less $$ or should I wait until they come into the boutique and pay full price for one or the other (they're the same price, btw)?

I don't have a pic of the ZC -- there was only a sketch on the line sheets, but here's the black pouchette and the Biege color combo (it's the Robert Debbie)

attachment.php

attachment.php

yeah - has there been news on the memphis zc?

i would say that the pouchette would be a lil more versatile (as you said, you can use it as a pouch inside bags or as a clutch).

plus, you could always return the pouchette should a zc come in and you're in looove (depending on when the zc comes in).

i don't think there have been sightings of the pouchette in beige in bloomie's as of yet though...

it depends. are you sure the zc will be available in beige? i don't you to go through a repeat of the bb fiasco.

no -- the ZC is is only available in Black, Purple or Brown
It's the Pouchette that is going to be available in the Beige
It's coming for sure -- it's in the computer, it just hasn't shipped yet (same w/the ZC)

I know that this is a bad pic -- it's all I've got tho
The ZC doesn't look like it's going to look like the traditional ZC with padlock pockets on the front -- this is the sketch

attachment.php

Attachments

• memphis zc.jpg
    memphis zc.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 245
I just talked to sharon @ bloomies (thanks, L!) who checked the inventory and said they only have the pochette in black, red and purple.

I'm with indi. Why not buy the pochette while the sale is going on and then return it if you prefer the ZC? :biggrin: I know you've wanted the ZC for quite a while now but the bloomies sale isn't too shabby. :P