Help Me Choose a Memphis SLG

there's also a pouch type back with a strap at the boutique. I think it's the katy? It's flat, with a zipper on top and a long strap. Size is about 5"x 8" if i remember correctly

yep, that's the katy. there's also a flat, oblong version too. not sure what it's called. you can see the black and white katy to the right.

attachment.php

Attachments

• beige memphis.jpg
    beige memphis.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 181
you're not allowed to buy a memphis bag unless it's a reena, s!!!

shop, it's about the size of a book, a little bigger than twilight paperback, a little smaller than the hardcover version. :lol: my friend is really into that right now. she keeps brandishing the books in my face.

So, I guess it's a good thing I was able to get the Pouchette from Bloomie's during their sale -- read this email I recd today from my SA at MJ! (looks like the "BB" all over again!!)

So I heard back from Christine this morning and unfortunately no good news.

They did not order the ZC or the Pouchette for some reason for our stores. She also said that if the small Zip Wallet was made that we didn't order that either. I'm so sorry, I am kind of disappointed about this as I wanted to see the ZC and the Pouchette. Oh well, hopefully you can find them!

So I guess there's no Memphis ZC (or anything else) in my future, unless I can find one somewhere else, but it does leave me baffled -- where did that one come from that was on ebay on Thursday?? roo -- you're lucky you got it -- it might be the only one out there!!!

Last edited:
ilmb - i'm glad you were able to score a pouchette during the sale!

it's such a shame because i feel like the smaller memphis items would have sold really well. i mean, the bags are flying off the shelves!

I think I'll e-mail the seller of my Memphis wallet and see if I can get any info on where these might be sold, or if this was a sample item. If I find out anything useful, I'll report back.

other smaller boutiques somewhere or even department stores might have gotten the memphis slg's. it's really nonsensical that the boutique doesn't carry everything, but i guess they have to think about space and sales volumes too. mj produces so many bags and styles and colors each season that they probably wouldn't have enough room even if they were to order everything.

sorry, ilmb. have you tried getting in contact with international locations like london and paris? they might have ordered items that the u.s. didn't.