Help me choose a JLC Reverso watch

Jan 22, 2008
I am torn between getting a Classic Reverso classic in small or medium. They both technically fit, but I don’t know what looks better on me overall. I think if I were much shorter I’d get the small without question, but at 5’9” I’m afraid the thinner strap might look off and not proportionate to my body. I dress very casually so mostly jeans, sweaters, and loafers or boots.

I welcome any input from the forum! I have a wrist shot of both and then a faraway pic of the small. I didn’t get one of the medium and no longer have access to it.

I also plan to try a small Cartier Tank so that is an option as well, but I love the Reverso and probably prefer it if I can figure out the right size.

789F4037-5299-4185-A00D-AC146014D6BE.png E7DEAB99-F40D-4940-BB25-4803AE7638A8.png 4F4B8FCF-BD63-4BBC-A95E-BF2531B99191.jpeg

so these are men's small and medium? The larger one seems to take up your whole wrist with very little strap showing on the top of wrist; I'd probably go with the smaller one

Last edited:
Reactions: Clairen4
so these are men's small and medium? The larger one seems to take up your whole wrist with very little strap showing on the top of wrist; I'd probably go with the smaller one

They are unisex small and medium. The small and medium are both marketed toward women by JLC and retailers. Men typically wear the large or their even bigger sizes.

I think you are able to carry the medium since you are 5’9”Usually the watches look bigger on wrist in photos than real life.

Small version looks rather small on your standing modeling shot, which usually is the more accurate look compared to a close-up shot.

I think you are able to carry the medium since you are 5’9”Usually the watches look bigger on wrist in photos than real life.

Small version looks rather small on your standing modeling shot, which usually is the more accurate look compared to a close-up shot.

They definitely look bigger in real life but I will be honest that the lugs go edge to edge on my wrist with the medium. I have very small wrists.

JordanJordan, for discussion sake, my Longines is 37mm long and that’s how it looks on my 6 inches or 15cm wrist.

JLC Classic Reverso Small is 34mm and Medium is 40mm. So if your wrist is wider than 6 inches, 40mm shouldn’t be a problem.

IMG_1515221376.897732.jpg

JordanJordan, for discussion sake, my Longines is 37mm long and that’s how it looks on my 6 inches or 15cm wrist.

JLC Classic Reverso Small is 34mm and Medium is 40mm. So if your wrist is wider than 6 inches, 40mm shouldn’t be a problem.

View attachment 3925931

Thank you, this is lovely. My wrist is only 5.75. I think I’m right on the cusp.

I’ve tried them on so many times but since they are rectangular I’m just not sure what they should look like. Most pictures I find are Cartier tanks but they never take up the whole wrist.

Reactions: nvie
Thank you, this is lovely. My wrist is only 5.75. I think I’m right on the cusp.

I’ve tried them on so many times but since they are rectangular I’m just not sure what they should look like. Most pictures I find are Cartier tanks but they never take up the whole wrist.

You are right, the small 34mm fits your 5.75 inches wrist better than the 40mm. Classic Reverso is so timeless. Why would you want a Cartier Tank after this? Don’t they look similar?

They look very similar. I was just saying the tank was an alternative.

Oops, sorry, I thought otherwise. I think the JLC is nicer but if servicing is a concern like where I live, need to travel to the capital for servicing, then Cartier would be a better option. My husband and I were just discussing the inconvenience of servicing, if it can’t be done locally, it has to be sent abroad.

Reactions: jordanjordan