Help me choose a Jackie bag

finsmith

Jul 29, 2019
I have been loving the revival of the Gucci Jackie and have been searching for a vintage one to add to my collection.
There seem to be two styles, the classic Jackie and the Bardot. I originally wanted the classic Jackie in canvas but seem to be falling for the other.
Does anybody here have either of these, what are your experiences, and please share photos :smile:
The only reason I am going vintage is that I hate the Gucci coated canvas.

SHANGUC76422_1_XL.JPG

54258379_1_x.jpg

snibor

O.G.
Nov 12, 2006
I would not buy a hobo bag with the old uncoated canvas. They notoriously don’t hold up. There have been a few discussions about the canvas issues on here. I have an old hobo (not Jackie) that’s in horrible condition because of wear to the canvas. The coated canvas is what makes it durable. Thus I would stick with leather if going vintage.

Reactions: papertiger

Jaxholt15

Apr 17, 2015
Have you seen the new leather versions of the Jackie? I love it in leather and canvas . IMO I would take another look at the new bags.

finsmith

Jul 29, 2019
Have you seen the new leather versions of the Jackie? I love it in leather and canvas . IMO I would take another look at the new bags.
yeah i have any the mini ones are adorable, i need something a little bigger though for my macbook and I hate that they are only in the coated canvas

Jaxholt15

Apr 17, 2015
All of the Jackie sizes are available in leather on the Gucci site. I believe they all have long straps that come with so you can use the bag crossbody. Love them!

Reactions: snibor

papertiger

MOD
Authenticator
O.G.
May 23, 2009
G-orgeous H-eaven
As @snibor mentioned earlier, I would not buy uncoated canvas ('original fabric') ever again.

There are some lovey pre-loved Jackies (and Bouviers) around without having to

BTW, the first you posted is a Bardot and not a Jackie (2 handles, not 1)

Reactions: skyqueen

finsmith

Jul 29, 2019
As @snibor mentioned earlier, I would not buy uncoated canvas ('original fabric') ever again.

There are some lovey pre-loved Jackies (and Bouviers) around without having to

BTW, the first you posted is a Bardot and not a Jackie (2 handles, not 1)
I literally mentioned that in the first post lol

finsmith

Jul 29, 2019
Do you want me to change the title then?

The Bardot is not a type of Jackie. It's a different line.
The Jackie is a type of Bouvier
It doesn't really matter does it, I was just asking for help choosing one since I'm not sure which one to pick

euphorbiaceae

Aug 30, 2020
imo the black and the red leather Jackie are sooo hot at fist i wasn't that interested but the more i see them the more i love them