Help me choose a belt! Hermes vs Alaia

f5twister

Oct 13, 2017
I'm debating between these three belts. I want to match a new belt with my dresses (mostly wear neutral colors-black, beige and white) or skirts. I am getting a headache while googling outfit pictures and still can't decide which one should be a better investment to my closet. FYI, I don't have an alaia bag but have a couple of Hermes and Moynat purses. Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

1. Alaia corset belt (any neutral color)
2. Hermes Kelly belt (black or etoupe with silver hardware)
3. Hermes 13mm belt (two-way black & gold with silver hardware)

alaia belt2.JPG

belt.JPG

Capture1.JPG

kelly1.JPG

kelly2.JPG

They are all beautiful. The Kelly belt is adjustable so it can work with dresses and over heavier clothes like cardigans and sweaters and coats. It’s also a good bet if your weight fluctuates a bit.

Reactions: f5twister
I actually have a wider version of the Alaia belt in black even in the narrow size its a very different feel to the Hermes belts.
For a timeless classic look I like Kelly belt with silver hardware its very chic and stylish and if you go for the option @Perja suggests it will work with all your outfits.
The Alaia is more of a 'statement'belt and less versatile

• Love
Reactions: 880 and f5twister
My vote goes to the Kelly belt for its timeless appeal and it can be adjusted but the lock protrudes, so you have to be wary. For that reason, I tend to use my 13mm H belt more often than the Kelly belt.

Reactions: f5twister
My vote goes to the Kelly belt for its timeless appeal and it can be adjusted but the lock protrudes, so you have to be wary. For that reason, I tend to use my 13mm H belt more often than the Kelly belt.
Thanks alot for sharing your opinion! I am now leaning towards the 13mm belt with perhaps gamma or ancre buckle. I will have to wait for more neutral colors to come backinto stock!

I actually have a wider version of the Alaia belt in black even in the narrow size its a very different feel to the Hermes belts.
For a timeless classic look I like Kelly belt with silver hardware its very chic and stylish and if you go for the option @Perja suggests it will work with all your outfits.
Thank you for your helpful response! I am jealous of your Alaia belt! It sure seems like a great statement. I ended up ordering the 13mm Hermes belt, hoping to order the Kelly belt next time.

Thanks everyone, I finally ordered the 13mm belt! I am planning to get a Kelly one next time!

Great choice! Hope it arrives fast :flowers:

I agree with you, Max! To me, the Alaia belts are pieces of their own, because you won’t wear them as carelessly as any other belt. Same goes for the Kelly.