Help me choose a balenciaga city!

rachelsmith16

Jan 18, 2014
Hey! I am looking to buy my first designer handbag. I'm 16 years old and I love the balenciaga city. I am deciding between the classic city in black or the black one with the gold hardware. Someone commented on the tassels and told me they didn't like them which made them start to bother me. The gold hardware bag doesn't have any. However the classic has a neutral hardware . Here's a picture of the two - pretend they are both black! Please help choose :smile:ImageUploadedByPurseForum1407802874.144378.jpg

If YOU like the tassels, get the bag with. I understand being 16 is a tough thing, but don't let one person start telling you what you like; you should be the one you listen to, in all things.

First, I think black is an excellent choice for your first bag. Regarding the tassels, I prefer whatever YOU like best for your bag. You will rock whatever bag you choose and tassels or not, your friend will love the bag more each time she sees it. Tassels may just need to grow on her.

True story: My husband didn't like the tassels either but I really preferred the regular hardware with tassels so I bought it anyway. Now he loves them and says they add a bit of character to the bag.

Oh to be 16 again!

My vote is also for the black with tassels. :greengrin:

And think about this... What happens if you buy the black with gold hardware and then a different friend tells you they don't like it and would have liked the other one better? What then?

IndiaInk is right, 16 is hard. However, you know what you like...don't let people decide that for you. It is fine to have friends give you their opinions, but that is all they are...opinions.

You'll find a certain type of freedom and strength when you don't always choose the "popular" (for lack of a better word) opinion.

If it helps....go to YouTube. There are so many videos of women with both types of bags. You can see how each one of them look once carried for a while.

I like the black with gold - next bag on my list in fact! Which one do you love the best though that is the most important thing? Both bags are lovely so there is no wrong choice. Can you see them both together before you make a final decision?