Help Me Choose A Bag

kaj174

Jul 3, 2012
Hi I am a male from the UK and want to buy a Kate Spade bag as a gift for my niece from the UK online site.

Can anyone give me advice on which to get I am between the Cameron Street Margot or .Candace my niece is not one for floral so they are out. She is just coming to her 40th birthday so bags for ladies in that age range
All suggestions appreciated or if you think others are more suitable please suggest them.

I am in that age range, I think she would be excited about either! The Margot is a little more playful looking. While the Candace would be great in more professional setting. The front pocket of the Candace would be helpful to slide items. But i think the Margot might be a bit roomier. I think the newer Margots have hinge hardware that allows the handles to swing down which is a nice feature. And i think the subtle contrast patterns look very elegant. Good luck!

I really like both of those bags. They are both very elegant and sophisticated.
I don't know if they have a sale in the U.K. But here in the US the Cameron Street Margot is on sale for $169. It is a pinklight special today only.

Thanks for the advice so far there is a sale on the UK site but unfortunately not the Margot or Candace which seem to run at $390 and $420 respectively at the moment.
I have got a month or so, so may wait and see if they come on sale.
Also how do Kate Spade bags compare to Michael Kors in quality?

Thanks for the advice so far there is a sale on the UK site but unfortunately not the Margot or Candace which seem to run at $390 and $420 respectively at the moment.
I have got a month or so, so may wait and see if they come on sale.
Also how do Kate Spade bags compare to Michael Kors in quality?

I have two KS bags (one grained leather and the other saffiano) and one saffiano MK. I think the quality is pretty much the same. I've had all three bags for about two years and they all still look great. I do prefer the KS logo though.

Just to let you know I found a Candace (Taupe colour) on sale at 40% off so took the plunge and ordered it as they only had one left. Thanks for all the advice received really grateful for it, hopefully she will like it.
Maybe if the Margot comes on sale I'll get that for another time for her (lol)

Just to let you know I found a Candace (Taupe colour) on sale at 40% off so took the plunge and ordered it as they only had one left. Thanks for all the advice received really grateful for it, hopefully she will like it.
Maybe if the Margot comes on sale I'll get that for another time for her (lol)
That's great news and your welcome [emoji2]