• Guilloche 5 motif

Votes: 60 33.5%
  • Hammered gold 5 motif

Votes: 50 27.9%

• Total voters

Stella0925

O.G.
Jul 21, 2010
I’m pretty new to VCA. I really want to add a bracelet to stack with my cartier love and JUC. Today I went to check out the holiday pendant but ended up looking at bracelets. ( I’d rather spend money on bracelet as I can look at it and WG did not work out for my skin tone)

I ended up putting a deposit on the guilloche as they did not have it in stock. Also went home with a sweet Alhambra MOP as I just needed to take something home lol. I tried on the guilloche with 2 pave motif and MOP. I attached some pics. I only focused on the guilloche so I don’t get distracted by the paved lol

Here is my thoughts about the 2 or maybe 3 options

MOP- I love the pop of white against my yellow gold jewelries! But it’s kinda hard for me to justify spending that much for for mother of pearl. To me I don’t think MOP is that precious. Also I’d worry about getting water or soap on the motif

guilloche- it is really pretty in person. I like sparkly things but I am very casual and I’d like to wear my jewelries on daily basis, especially something I spent so much money on. I’m a bit worried that guilloche would be too dressy for my sweats lol. Also, I’m not sure about the wear and tear on the bracelet. If the bracelet get scratched easily like love and loses it’s shine, I feel it will also lose the point to get this bracelet. I think it only looks good when its Sparkly and shiny. Not like love, I’d still like it with some “patina”

YG-5 motif. I’m not a huge fan of hammer gold. A bit dull. But it is pretty easy to wear and worry free. It will still look the same years later. But just nothing too excited about it lol I did not try this in store today

The last pic is from a tpfer, hopefully it’s okay to repost

A8251211-BA65-4322-9A5B-8DE962DDE310.jpeg

50B4E376-D575-4976-BD6E-36AB5C6B2625.jpeg

D3776560-D054-4CC6-BA9A-83635494380F.jpeg

I’m pretty new to VCA. I really want to add a bracelet to stack with my cartier love and JUC. Today I went to check out the holiday pendant but ended up looking at bracelets. ( I’d rather spend money on bracelet as I can look at it and WG did not work out for my skin tone)

I ended up putting a deposit on the guilloche as they did not have it in stock. Also went home with a sweet Alhambra MOP as I just needed to take something home lol. I tried on the guilloche with 2 pave motif and MOP. I attached some pics. I only focused on the guilloche so I don’t get distracted by the paved lol

MOP- I love the pop of white against my yellow gold jewelries! But it’s kinda hard for me to justify spending that much for for mother of pearl. To me I don’t think MOP is that precious. Also I’d worry about getting water or soap on the motif

guilloche- it is really pretty in person. I like sparkly things but I am very casual and I’d like to wear my jewelries on daily basis, especially something I spent so much money on. I’m a bit worried that guilloche would be too dressy for my sweats lol. Also, I’m not sure about the wear and tear on the bracelet. If the bracelet get scratched easily like love and loses it’s shine, I feel it will also lose the point to get this bracelet. I think it only looks good when its Sparkly and shiny. Not like love, I’d still like it with some “patina”

YG-5 motif. I’m not a huge fan of hammer gold. A bit dull. But it is pretty easy to wear and worry free. It will still look the same years later. But just nothing too excited about it lol I did not try this in store today

View attachment 4868317

View attachment 4868318

View attachment 4868320
Completely agree, I am
Also Eyeing the MOP as my 5 motif Alhambra braclet :smile:

Reactions: happiness07

View attachment 4868317

View attachment 4868318

View attachment 4868320

They all look beautiful with your stack :smile:

I think if you want a carefree bracelet it is the classic hammered one..
I am rooting for the hammered version, I think it'll look the best with your stack.

Reactions: BIRKINBABY416
e
The white MOP makes everything more interesting.

I do love the pop of white on my wrist as I wear a lot of yellow gold. It’s just at the end of day, it is a bit hard for me to spend so much money on MOP. The rational part of me is telling me to go with all gold. Especially the hammer gold version is only a little more expensive.
I know it is controversial but Tbh I do have a fake MOP bracelet and I’m enjoying it. It serves its purpose and I paid 50 dollars for it.

They all look beautiful with your stack :smile:

I think if you want a carefree bracelet it is the classic hammered one..
I am rooting for the hammered version, I think it'll look the best with your stack.

I will go back to try the hammered gold as I didn’t do that yesterday. Not too sure if they have them in stock. My SA told me that US “stole” a lot of Canadian stock before the price increase lol they did not have the6 motif sweets available

I did saw other pieces with hammered gold I wasn’t wowed by it. On the other hand guilloche really hypnotize me with all the flash!

but in a long term, hammered gold is def a good choice

I do love the pop of white on my wrist as I wear a lot of yellow gold. It’s just at the end of day, it is a bit hard for me to spend so much money on MOP. The rational part of me is telling me to go with all gold. Especially the hammer gold version is only a little more expensive.
I completely understand, as I purchased the rose gold 10 motif based on the same principles.. it's hard to imagine this kind of spend on materials (malachite, onyx, carnelian, chalcedony, etc) which "back in the day" only came in sterling silver! I was in a mall store/franchise recently and saw a giant hunk of malachite (like a paperweight) all shined up, it was under $50.00.

The reason I voted for the MOP is because based upon your pictures and your other pieces (some of which I also own lol), I do believe that the MOP 5 motif gives the prettiest visual.

Good luck deciding.

Last edited:
Just a little update!

since then I made decision to allow myself to get 2 out of the 3 options I’m considering. I’ll get the guilloche for sure as it is just so beautiful and sparkly. The second one would either be a hammered or MOP/Onyx. I feel this way I can have an option to connect 2 bracelet together to wear as a short necklace. Also Being that guilloche is dressier and more delicate, I don’t mind having a second bracelet to wear daily or, almost.

Although, this didn’t really help make decision any easier lol. i went to the store yesterday and bought vintage gold. I do really like it, and the subtle glow on the matte yellow gold which would be a good contrast to my guilloche. But I can’t stop thinking if it’d be better choice to go with onyx or MOP. As onyx and MOP look really nice stacking with my other yellow gold bracelets. ( yeah I secretly add the Onyx to my options as well lol, I tried it on yesterday and to my surprise I love it. It doesn’t look too dark on me, which I was worried of)

I attached some pictures of the my right and left wrist stack. I didn’t take pictures of the onyx I tried yesterday :sad:

In the meantime, I’m patiently waiting for my guillcohe arrive to the store

C6AD907B-48FB-4271-BB9C-A1A4B59AFEA4.jpeg

1DE397B3-456B-43A9-B850-A4D359FEAF2B.jpeg

75F69394-5FF8-406B-9FC0-EC81E7D71EB7.jpeg

9FF3A361-791C-4096-9842-AB84B79718AD.jpeg

Just a little update!

since then I made decision to allow myself to get 2 out of the 3 options I’m considering. I’ll get the guilloche for sure as it is just so beautiful and sparkly. The second one would either be a hammered or MOP/Onyx. I feel this way I can have an option to connect 2 bracelet together to wear as a short necklace. Also Being that guilloche is dressier and more delicate, I don’t mind having a second bracelet to wear daily or, almost.

Although, this didn’t really help make decision any easier lol. i went to the store yesterday and bought vintage gold. I do really like it, and the subtle glow on the matte yellow gold which would be a good contrast to my guilloche. But I can’t stop thinking if it’d be better choice to go with onyx or MOP. As onyx and MOP look really nice stacking with my other yellow gold bracelets. ( yeah I secretly add the Onyx to my options as well lol, I tried it on yesterday and to my surprise I love it. It doesn’t look too dark on me, which I was worried of)

I attached some pictures of the my right and left wrist stack. I didn’t take pictures of the onyx I tried yesterday :sad:

In the meantime, I’m patiently waiting for my guillcohe arrive to the store

View attachment 4876495

View attachment 4876496

View attachment 4876497

View attachment 4876499
No joke! You have the perfect skin tone for YG and the hammered looks absolutely lovely on you. I especially love it with you Rolex with the MOP face. If I were you that YG would have gone home with me.

No joke! You have the perfect skin tone for YG and the hammered looks absolutely lovely on you. I especially love it with you Rolex with the MOP face. If I were you that YG would have gone home with me.

Haha thank you! That’s why all my jewelries are YG lol I have been wanting to venture out to get RG. RG looks ok on me, but it just doesn’t feel right. WG is a complete disaster on my skin tone lol. My skin turned grey with WG. It’s so interesting that different color of gold would make so much difference on someone’s skin tone lol

The Rolex is actually a silver face. I thought the MOP face looks too busy so I chose silver face instead

• Love
Reactions: 880 and hhw
Haha thank you! That’s why all my jewelries are YG lol I have been wanting to venture out to get RG. RG looks ok on me, but it just doesn’t feel right. WG is a complete disaster on my skin tone lol. My skin turned grey with WG. It’s so interesting that different color of gold would make so much difference on someone’s skin tone lol

The Rolex is actually a silver face. I thought the MOP face looks too busy so I chose silver face instead
If it ain’t broke...
Btw. Love the silver face Rolex. That is my first choice when I get one, since they don’t carry white in my size. Looks great on you.

• Love
Reactions: 880

i have the same skin tone with you. WG turns my skin to ash and rose gold is ok on me, but the winner is always YG (although i mix metals). i got YG hammered 5 motif bracelet last month and i absolutely love it!

• Love
Reactions: pinkrose398 and 880
I think the classic gold bracelet is the best choice for stacking. The guilloche definitely shouldn't be stacked and the white mop will get scratched if you stack. Onyx would be the next best as it is harder on the surface than mop.

I love your bezeled tennis bracelet!

Reactions: pinkrose398
I think the classic gold bracelet is the best choice for stacking. The guilloche definitely shouldn't be stacked and the white mop will get scratched if you stack. Onyx would be the next best as it is harder on the surface than mop.

I love your bezeled tennis bracelet!

Yes I agree! I have been wearing the classic gold with my cartier stack and found it sometimes slide underneath my love. I can picture wearing guilloche with them will probably be a disaster lol. If the stones are prone to scratches as well, maybe keeping the classic gold would be a good idea.

Reactions: DS2006
Now I picked up the guilloche, it feels a bit redundant next to my hammered gold. I’m wondering if I should exchange it a colored stone. MOP or blue agate. If I always come up with a different stone it’s because I like all colors lol that’s why I pretty much equally like all these VCA bracelet. I like onyx and malachite too

I do like the guilloche I just think I can probably live without it since I’m enjoying the hammer gold. But if I decide to exchange for stones, it would be a whole other struggle about which stone to get

9E91F967-E95C-4428-A221-0C5DC0B7035C.jpeg

AD5E4863-3714-46D1-B79A-6D358CA53A9C.jpeg

B8C23F40-3931-4121-B476-C9957D2E1E96.jpeg

44B0B213-97B7-47BA-8CF1-EA1DF0239BD6.jpeg

0E4BFEEA-94CD-41D1-9E1C-C8A58FC0B0D2.jpeg