Help me change my ebay ID, please!!!

Conejita

Apr 15, 2008
Hi, ladies (well, not sure if everybody is a lady he he)

I have been selling Coach on ebay for the last 3 months and I just earned PowerSeller status. Anyway, my problem is my ID used to be my REAL name, so I decided to change it one night when I was really tired and didn't think about it and now my name is something that I really hate :Push:

So, I would like to change my ID to something nicer that I can stick to before I register as a PowerSeller :wlae:

By the way, I'm going to start selling Louis Vuitton too soon :smile: So, at first I thought about using something like VivianEST1941, but I think that would be too restraining if I am planning to sell other brands in the future. Any suggestions? :smile:

I think you have to start from scratch to change ID. Is that right? So then you will lose your feedback and probably wont get powerseller status till you reach sales levels anyway. Is that right?

Interesting I plan on changing my name again soon, maybe don't use something regarding a designer, maybe just couture, or designer, or just a play on your location that way it doesn't limit you

really ? I didnt know that. Does it not tell the buyers your former id? What if someone is looking for you on your old id? Does it tell them its been changed?

eBay has it set up so you can't just run away from an old name.

On your feedback screen, to the right - you will see

Contact member
View items for sale
View more options

If you hover over "View more options", it gives you a drop down where you can select "View ID History"- that will give you a list (with dates of change) of all of the IDs that member has had in the past (not multiple ID's though, like if a person has a buying ID and a selling ID)

I don't know about finding an old username. I just did a test and searched for one of my old eBay ID's, and just got the message "The user ID you entered was not found. Please check the User ID and try again."