• black with gold studs large

• hazel

• sand

Results are only viewable after voting.

CHLOEGLAMOUR

Blonde Member
O.G.
Jul 2, 2007
hello ,i am an ex Balenciaga addicted, i collect balenciaga bags since 2007 but my love affair with this brand is ending , due to discontinuation of giant hardware..so i decided to focus my attention on GIVENCHY :graucho:

love colours and leather , nightingale style is my favourite,but i am on the fence about colours and hardware !:P

these are my options(consider that i am a huge fan of neutrals )

black with gold studs(my first love and i have the chance to get it with 30% off but the large version )
-hazel medium
-sand medium

i am a petite frame (160 cm and 47kg... ) i am afraid the large would be too big on me..thanks in advance for your help!

Attachments

• Nightingale bag in Medium Black Parade lambskin with gold stud.jpg
    Nightingale bag in Medium Black Parade lambskin with gold stud.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 468
  • $(KGrHqZ,!joE6KLRjq!KBOp5VQYGfw~~60_3.jpg
    $(KGrHqZ,!joE6KLRjq!KBOp5VQYGfw~~60_3.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 410
hello ,i am an ex Balenciaga addicted, i collect balenciaga bags since 2007 but my love affair with this brand is ending , due to discontinuation of giant hardware..so i decided to focus my attention on GIVENCHY :graucho:

love colours and leather , nightingale style is my favourite,but i am on the fence about colours and hardware !:P

these are my options(consider that i am a huge fan of neutrals )

black with gold studs(my first love and i have the chance to get it with 30% off but the large version )
-hazel medium
-sand medium

i am a petite frame (160 cm and 47kg... ) i am afraid the large would be too big on me..thanks in advance for your help!

Hey! Good to see you around these parts.

Now, I confess, I have not bought a black bag in years, but I do love the large Nightingale in black. It sags so lovely and as you yourself noted, the leather is yummy.

The hazel is taupe-ish and is a great neutral. So is the sand, which always looks a little richer to me (sorry not sure how else to explain). But, it is still a great color. Which would look best sitting around the other bags you have? And which color would work for your outfits?

Given your height, about 5ft 2", you may want to stick with a medium, no? I'm about 5ft 6 and have a medium. It looks great and when I fill it up it expands to accommodate, given that the bag is not structured. It will be hard to pass up the discount on the large black, but did you ever carry weekenders? If you did then the size of a large/maxi nightingale might be fine for you.

Anyway, hope this helps. I'm sure others will chime in soon.

Hey! Good to see you around these parts.

Now, I confess, I have not bought a black bag in years, but I do love the large Nightingale in black. It sags so lovely and as you yourself noted, the leather is yummy.

The hazel is taupe-ish and is a great neutral. So is the sand, which always looks a little richer to me (sorry not sure how else to explain). But, it is still a great color. Which would look best sitting around the other bags you have? And which color would work for your outfits?

Given your height, about 5ft 2", you may want to stick with a medium, no? I'm about 5ft 6 and have a medium. It looks great and when I fill it up it expands to accommodate, given that the bag is not structured. It will be hard to pass up the discount on the large black, but did you ever carry weekenders? If you did then the size of a large/maxi nightingale might be fine for you.

Anyway, hope this helps. I'm sure others will chime in soon.
thanks aluxe for your precious help:kiss:!
well, i tried weekender and honestly thought it was too big on me , but i carry works and giant works balenciaga everyday(love big bags :P) , they are so comfy!

both hazel and sand do work very well with my outfits:i wear lots of nude, brown , black , grey ....

but the only black bag i have is a black city ,that's why i would prefer the black one : the only thing that bothers me is the shiny leather :sneaky:..seller says it is shiny like this
attachment.php

Attachments

• nightingale.jpg
    nightingale.jpg
    325.2 KB · Views: 585
Hi CG,

I've owned several of these nightingales in both medium and large. The style and look of the two sizes are completely different. The Large is probably my favorite, but that's because it's so slouchy, funky, and bohemian. The medium is beautiful, but I would not classify it as bohemian. It's a bit classier, if that makes sense.

Judging from your fashion style, I would pick medium for you. The medium can look a little dressier and more uptown-stylish. Hazel is my favorite non-black Givenchy color, so I vote Hazel Medium!

The one thing I would caution you about is the lack of bling on the nightingales (well, except for the large black one with studs that you're considering). At first, I loved the clean and simple look of my Nightingales, but then I started to REALLY miss the bling of some hardware... any kind of hardware. After carrying my Nightingales for awhile, I went a little crazy and bought two more Bal RGGH bags (black rggh pt and black rggh city). Just saying... you might end up missing Bal giant hardware even MORE once you get a Nightingale.

Good luck on your decision!

Based on your preferences and stats, I'd say go with the medium. The large would be overwhelming. Also, forget the large black since it sounds like you dont like shiny, so if it's got some shine, you might not like it, so why even bother? dont let the discounts detract u.

either wait for the medium black one you want, or go with the hazel medium . i'd be concerned about the lambskin on such a light color, but that's just me.

I'm 5"8 and the medium balances me out...I wouldn't dare go with the large, it's too big & it would look huge on you...impo...that said...I'm not feeling the studs on the medium or the large!

I like the hazel, it seemed to be the best option.

Hi CG,

I've owned several of these nightingales in both medium and large. The style and look of the two sizes are completely different. The Large is probably my favorite, but that's because it's so slouchy, funky, and bohemian. The medium is beautiful, but I would not classify it as bohemian. It's a bit classier, if that makes sense.

Judging from your fashion style, I would pick medium for you. The medium can look a little dressier and more uptown-stylish. Hazel is my favorite non-black Givenchy color, so I vote Hazel Medium!

The one thing I would caution you about is the lack of bling on the nightingales (well, except for the large black one with studs that you're considering). At first, I loved the clean and simple look of my Nightingales, but then I started to REALLY miss the bling of some hardware... any kind of hardware. After carrying my Nightingales for awhile, I went a little crazy and bought two more Bal RGGH bags (black rggh pt and black rggh city). Just saying... you might end up missing Bal giant hardware even MORE once you get a Nightingale.

Good luck on your decision!
thanks for your review dear riry;) i am almost the same size as nicole richie and the medium is just perfect on her:girlsigh::tender:..so i am thinking to get the medium one ,trying to don't be tempted by the big discount on the large nightingale :P...

i totally agree about the "LACK OF bling", that's why i love the studded version ....i almost took a decision now ! will let you know :graucho:

thank you so much :heart:

Based on your preferences and stats, I'd say go with the medium. The large would be overwhelming. Also, forget the large black since it sounds like you dont like shiny, so if it's got some shine, you might not like it, so why even bother? dont let the discounts detract u.

either wait for the medium black one you want, or go with the hazel medium . i'd be concerned about the lambskin on such a light color, but that's just me.
i totally agree , i think that discount really confused my mind ,i wouldn't ever considered the large size without discount ...i will probably go for the medium,hazel or black ...sand is probably too delicate for me!

thanks again ;)

Hi CG,

!
hmm your words made me think about her

121009-hilary-duff-290.jpg

i think the large is fabolous on her, and she is 155 cm ...uhhh >_<

Having seen both, and trying both on for size, I like the Large just a little bit more. The medium is just too small; and lacks that smoosh-factor. Because the sides of the bags "turn down," it seems that the bag is smaller than it actually is. But being that you are of similar size as Nicole Richie, maybe the medium would work for you.

Hazel is absolutely beautiful, much prettier than black, IMHO. I'm a huge fan of neutrals too, and Hazel comes out "prettier" in real life than in photos for odd reason. My vote goes for Hazel!

Having seen both, and trying both on for size, I like the Large just a little bit more. The medium is just too small; and lacks that smoosh-factor. Because the sides of the bags "turn down," it seems that the bag is smaller than it actually is. But being that you are of similar size as Nicole Richie, maybe the medium would work for you.

Hazel is absolutely beautiful, much prettier than black, IMHO. I'm a huge fan of neutrals too, and Hazel comes out "prettier" in real life than in photos for odd reason. My vote goes for Hazel!
thanks dear RERE:hbeat:..nice to see you here ;),hazel and sand are both stunning imo ....i love them equally:love:

i posted a picture of hilary duff carrying a large, and she is also 5'1..i think it is great on her ,agree with RIRY :both sizes are fabolous and so different

I'd go for black I'm not a fan of hazel or sand I tend to like darker shades of brown but that's just my preference. That being said I think the hazel would work really well with the colors you wear. I'd stay away from sand out of fear of color transfer. As far as size I think riry kind of nailed it both could work. I think the medium would look more formal and the large more casual due to how much structure the leather maintains.

I love it in Hazel. I think it is so soft and feminine looking. However I also really like the black with gold studs large for a bit of an edgier look. If I were purchasing it I would go for the Hazel though. :smile:

thanks dear RERE:hbeat:..nice to see you here ;),hazel and sand are both stunning imo ....i love them equally:love:

i posted a picture of hilary duff carrying a large, and she is also 5'1..i think it is great on her ,agree with RIRY :both sizes are fabolous and so different

Did we settle on one for you dearest? The sizes make the bag so different. You know how for Bal - between a City and a PT, they still feel like the same bag? That same feeling? Not with the Nightingale's. It seems like the size difference make for a completely different feel with each, kwim?

Either way, they'll look stunning on you, pretty lady. :smile: