Help me buy a special gift!

sweetbeans

May 13, 2014
We are expecting a baby and hubby wants to buy me something special to celebrate the occasion. Our budget is 3k, and I know I want something from Tiffany that is classic and will last me a lifetime. I have my eyes on a number of pieces on their website and wanted to hear from fellow jewelry lovers! I am thinking about 4 things mainly. Which ones do you like and if you have any of these particular items, could you share pics? I can't go to a Tiffany store until later, so that'd help a lot.

1. DBTY 3 stone (or 2stone) necklace
I love Tiffany DBTY collection, but I already have a solitaire pendant necklace (non-Tiffany) I got as a gift (0.5ct). It feels redundant to purchase a dbty necklace so I'm thinking about those 3 stone dbty in Rose Gold. I couldn't find many pics of this particular necklace. Or would you say I should just get a single stone dbty?

Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 6.47.20 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 6.47.32 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 6.47.27 PM.png

2. Jazz necklace
Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 6.54.14 PM.png

3. Tiffany T wire ring
Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 6.54.19 PM.png
4. DBTY earring
Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 6.55.19 PM.png

Reactions: tarana6
First of all... Congrats on your pregnancy! I think all your choices are beautiful but since you already have a DBTY necklace, maybe the earrings will go perfect with them.
My vote is for the earrings, they look stunning and are very practical. You can use them forever!

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I vote for dbty necklace. I especially like the lariat design but you can't go wrong with any of them. They're classic.

Have you considered a Schlumberger egg pendant?

Thanks everyone for your thoughtful replies! I've been away from the Internet so apologies for my late reply. I'm surprised to learn that the consensus leans towards the earrings! Do you have suggestions for the size for daily wear? Part of me is hesitant about the earrings because of the price tag :/ and I keep thinking should I go elsewhere for items like earrings that may not be as discernable as Tiffany.

Reactions: ivdw
Thanks everyone for your thoughtful replies! I've been away from the Internet so apologies for my late reply. I'm surprised to learn that the consensus leans towards the earrings! Do you have suggestions for the size for daily wear? Part of me is hesitant about the earrings because of the price tag :/ and I keep thinking should I go elsewhere for items like earrings that may not be as discernable as Tiffany.
It depends on your ear size and the look you are going for. Some people like dainty while others want larger. My suggestion is to get as big as you can if buying from Tiffany. If you are buying from another source then you can be a little more picky with size and color.

Congrats! I would go for the earrings. My fingers never went back to their original size after pregnancy so a ring is an iffy purchase. The necklaces are all beautiful but some of those styles won't always be "in" and after the baby comes you won't be able to wear a necklace often bc it will get pulled a lot. The earrings are classic and stunning & for something you'll attach sentimental value to I'd suggest picking an item you can wear everyday and for years to come

As far as size I'd agree go as big as you can in your budget. But try them on, if it's cocktail size maybe go a little smaller for a more everyday look. Overall that's more about your personal style! Hope we get to find out ur choice, with pics :smile:

With a budget of $3k the website shows that you can get a .34 cttw. However the store may have a little more to choose from. You will probably ending up getting no bigger than .40 cttw at Tiffany's. However if you go to somewhere else then you will most likely get more.

It depends on your ear size and the look you are going for. Some people like dainty while others want larger. My suggestion is to get as big as you can if buying from Tiffany. If you are buying from another source then you can be a little more picky with size and color.
@AntiqueShopper do you have a suggestion on color and clarity for earrings vs. a necklace? With my DBTY platinum necklace I tried to combine largest size and best color/clarity for my budget. For earrings I think you can sacrifice the color/clarity a bit as it isn't as "up front" as a necklace. I've also heard some say it depends on the metal you choose. I'm interested in yellow gold for my earrings (already have a pair of non-Tiffany in white gold/martini setting). Those are .40 each and from what I've seen with Tiffany's a smaller carat weight looks larger due to their cut and the bezel. Not trying to hijack the thread, thought this might be helpful for the rose gold version as well that @sweetbeans is asking about for when she visits the store to see different sizes.

As for general comments about the DBTY earrings, I highly recommend them. I have a couple pair (yellow gold .16 TCW, sterling single and sterling triple drop) and they are very versatile, very sturdy and great quality. The smaller versions are great to wear in a second piercing as well.