help me buy a new bag!!!

IN LVOE

Oct 24, 2011
so this saturday i'm going to lv in yorkdale and buying a new bag... it's either the nf gm in ebene or the delightful gm in mono. the delightful's price ($1200.00cdn before tax!) compared to the nf gm ($805.00cdn before tax) but i'm always reading about the problem of the cracking nf handles.. help!:lol:

Hmm...you have a nice selection of Mono and Damier styles in your signature! This is a tough one!

I LOVE the delightful and you can never have too much Mono in your life, right? :yes: I have the nf mm in the ebene and have noticed the "cracking" of the handles a bit but it's just where it is sown together and looks completely normal to me. If it actually peels or effects the bags structure, I'll take it to LV but I think it's normal wear and tear on the bag (at least in my case). If you think that cracking will bother you and you don't want to worry about it, go for the delightful! Either way, you'll be purchasing an amazing bag!

I have a damier ebene nf mm and the straps have gotten a bit wrinkly and flaky over time but i don't think it really takes away from the bag at all. The straps are still just as sturdy and overall the bag still looks beautiful. But in your case, seeing the items in your current collection (the 2 nf's) I'd suggest the delightful because sometimes it's nice to have a bag with a single shoulder strap. I seem to almost always have trouble keeping 2straps on my shoulders with my winter coat.

Hmm...you have a nice selection of Mono and Damier styles in your signature! This is a tough one!

I LOVE the delightful and you can never have too much Mono in your life, right? :yes: I have the nf mm in the ebene and have noticed the "cracking" of the handles a bit but it's just where it is sown together and looks completely normal to me. If it actually peels or effects the bags structure, I'll take it to LV but I think it's normal wear and tear on the bag (at least in my case). If you think that cracking will bother you and you don't want to worry about it, go for the delightful! Either way, you'll be purchasing an amazing bag!
wow! thanks for answering so fast!!! love the tpf!!:lol: can i ask you how long you have had your nf?? and yes i to love mono!!!

I have a damier ebene nf mm and the straps have gotten a bit wrinkly and flaky over time but i don't think it really takes away from the bag at all. The straps are still just as sturdy and overall the bag still looks beautiful. But in your case, seeing the items in your current collection (the 2 nf's) I'd suggest the delightful because sometimes it's nice to have a bag with a single shoulder strap. I seem to almost always have trouble keeping 2straps on my shoulders with my winter coat.
yes you are right having a one shoulder strap bag would be nice!!! i guess i'm also being a price chicken:shocked:. i have not bought a bag yet that's over $1000.00cdn.

wow! thanks for answering so fast!!! love the tpf!!:lol: can i ask you how long you have had your nf?? and yes i to love mono!!!

I'm a new nf owner so I unfortunately can't vouch for real long term wear. I got it for Christmas and use it as a work bag. I tote an ipad, wallet, phone, make-up bag, water bottle, shoes, etc. in it every day. Here is a pic of the strap that I just took to show you what I mean.

photo-8.jpg

I read through the threads alot before purchasing and most real cracking, peeling, handle breaking was considered rare/defective and fixed by LV so I took the chance because I loved the print so much on this bag. Hopefully some of the other nf owners can chime in on their straps over time and if they've had any problems.

I'm a new nf owner so I unfortunately can't vouch for real long term wear. I got it for Christmas and use it as a work bag. I tote an ipad, wallet, phone, make-up bag, water bottle, shoes, etc. in it every day. Here is a pic of the strap that I just took to show you what I mean.

photo-8.jpg

I read through the threads alot before purchasing and most real cracking, peeling, handle breaking was considered rare/defective and fixed by LV so I took the chance because I loved the print so much on this bag. Hopefully some of the other nf owners can chime in on their straps over time and if they've had any problems.
thanks again!! your strap looks perfect!!! i'm leaning towards the nf!!! and then i could also get the sunglass case in mono!!!:lol:

hmm i have both but in different sizes. i have the ebene neverfull in mm and the delightful in mm. i had cracking issues with my bag and sent it back 2 weeks ago. i had it for about 10 months when i started noticing the handles cracking. i brought it back to my SA and she was super sweet about it and said they can fix it free of charge..but the only thing is that it takes 4 to 6 weeks for it to be repaired..i miss it soo much. i love my delightful too..the patina is getting dark and i wish it was new again :sad: but i guess i'll have to get over that..i used my neverfull for school and used my delightful when i hungout with friends. overall, i love both bags but it depends what you want it for..the neverfull is cheaper and i still love it. but my delightful was my very first lv and would probably get my first vote.

thanks again!! your strap looks perfect!!! i'm leaning towards the nf!!! and then i could also get the sunglass case in mono!!!:lol:

Happy to help! I say go with your gut! You'll never regret it if your heart and mind are pointing you towards it, you know? Adding a mono sunglass case to your purchase sure sweetens the deal!! Let us know what you decide!!

Last week I was at Yorkdale and they actually had delightfuls that were MIF. I don't know if that makes a difference for you but it did for my best friend and she picked one up in MM.

yes!!! thank you it does make a difference... do you go to yorkdale a lot? it's my favorite location!!!

I go there all too often ! It is my favourite location as well. Most of the SA's are really friendly. The one drawback is that they are always crazy busy! I've purchased almost all of my new LV from there. They really go out of their way to make sure you are happy. I deal usually deal with CiCi but I like all the SA's.

Can't wait to see your new bag!!!! I'm probably going to be there Friday night to check out the nf azur gm and delightful pm - they had both MiF:biggrin: