help me build an outfit around this pls!

Sep 25, 2008
So I *did* end up getting this Ralph Lauren lamb shearling gilet from eBay (I assume the original buyer returned the size S and kept the M?). Now I need outfit suggestions! Fall is coming up and this should be very wearable where I am (Montreal) but I'm drawing a bit of a blank, especially when it comes to what top to wear underneath it. Heeelp!

rllamb.jpg

I think this would be great paired with a simple long sleeved white tee, skinny dark jeans and some knee high boots. Since the vest is already a show piece, it's best to keep the rest simple and chic. Hope this helps!

^perfect outfit!

For a more "out there" look, you could wear it sleeveless with a pair of the more white and grey bleached/ distressed skinnies and some simple pumps (e.g. CL decolletissimos - sp?).

Yes, skinnies. Of course. Duh. And I'd love to wear it with a thin/fitted cashmere or knit top (longsleeved) underneath. I don't think I could pull this off sleeveless (I am very pale, and self conscious about it when it's winter and I have no tan) but maybe for nighttime? Hmmm. Thanks for the ideas. :biggrin:

I think a thin cashmere l/s top would be perfect for it.

I don't see this as a "glam" fur vest for evening. I think it might work for a concert though with a vintage band tee, jeans and motorcycle boots though!

Perhaps a navy long sleeved henley shirt? Any colours that aren't pastel or too bright should work quite well. If you wanted to do a bohemian look you could pair it with a gypsy style shirt and flowy white blouse and boots or sandals in summer.

It's a gorgeous vest congrats :biggrin:

Thanks Immi. It's strange, I spent so much $ on this because I was all "damn, this will be totally flexible to wear this Fall" and now I'm kinda scratching my head about how. The fastenings (sorry, I don't know the technical term for them) keep this out of the real of 'dressy' for me. Love the boho/peasant idea, too. Might have to work that look in before it gets too cold.

Thanks for the ideas!!