Help me accessorize this evening gown!

Feb 2, 2006
Hail, fashion experts, :shame:

I'm going to a black-tie event next week and would love to hear how you'd jazz up this dress. It's a very simple piece by Tadashi, so I'd like my accessories to give it some punch. My instincts tell me: long, dramatic earrings, a cuff or bangle bracelets, and my medium-long hair in a loose updo (or, down and flowing?). Perhaps I'll carry a brightly colored clutch, like something red. Or fuschia?

FYI, I don't know if this makes any difference but I'm petite: 5'2" and 100lbs. I may want to wear some statement jewelry, but I don't want the jewelry to wear ME!

What would YOU do to this ensemble? Please be as specific as possible....THANK YOU!!! :P

OM75463L.jpg

This dress is simple yet dramatic so IMO you don't need much.

Long dramatic earrings
Chic and elegant bracelet or smaller width bangle (preferable with some bling)
Clutch in hot pink (fuscia), deep purple, royal blue or a deep olive green
Hair- Soft updo

:smile: Wande

These are all wonderful ideas, thank you! I LOVE that vintage Gucci clutch! So elegant and unusual. Although it's probably out of my price range, it's a great inspiration piece. :smile:

I've made a mental note: consider skipping the bracelet. They usually look dumb on my short arms anyway!

Any ideas on the type of earrings I should look for? I'm partial to yellow gold, but I could also see myself wearing a gemstone-colored crystal chandelier or drop-type earrings. I just don't want to look like I'm going to the prom! I'm a mother of 2 in my mid-30s and would like to look elegant, but not boring or stuffy either.

^^I think simpler, though still dangly, earrings would look best. To me, the combination of the dress, updo, and bright clutch would be too much with ornate chandelier earrings. The dress has enough detail that you can go with a simpler design on the earrings. I love the dress, btw!

^^I think simpler, though still dangly, earrings would look best. To me, the combination of the dress, updo, and bright clutch would be too much with ornate chandelier earrings. The dress has enough detail that you can go with a simpler design on the earrings. I love the dress, btw!
Why, thank you! :smile: What about these earrings? They're 2" long. Too casual?

prodImage.ms