Help! LV White MC Canvas Starting to Discolor on Edges!!

fashion_junky said:
I was wondering the same thing. I bought my Mini HL in 2003 when they first came out too, and it has been used quite a lot. Will they do anything for us in this case?

Glad to hear that eluxury is working with you on this Vuittonhammie!

I just got back from the LV in Edmonton (inside Holts), but since it's a holiday, the manager wasn't working today. So it's still up in the air for me... the SA said that LV normally has a 2 year policy for manufacturing defects, so she/I would need to talk to the manager since I bought mine in 2003.

Hmmm... I left my number and will hopefully get a call back tomorrow. now that I know it's a known defect and not just mine, I hope LV will do something about it even though it's been a few years! Mine is in good shape with no MC wear, except for the color bleeding and the patina on the handles.

Keep your fingers crossed!

I have the white mc alma, so after I read this thread I checked it. I seem to have a few pink stitches in a couple of spots. Like the red liner might be bleeding through. The canvas looks white still. But the stitches are bothering me now. Anybody have this problem on their white mc alma?

tweetie said:
I just got back from the LV in Edmonton (inside Holts), but since it's a holiday, the manager wasn't working today. So it's still up in the air for me... the SA said that LV normally has a 2 year policy for manufacturing defects, so she/I would need to talk to the manager since I bought mine in 2003.

Hmmm... I left my number and will hopefully get a call back tomorrow. now that I know it's a known defect and not just mine, I hope LV will do something about it even though it's been a few years! Mine is in good shape with no MC wear, except for the color bleeding and the patina on the handles.

Keep your fingers crossed!

Good luck and thanks for the info!

I actually have the MC black wedge heels that went with this collection (right now, I don't remember the name of them... but they are the ones like Jessica Simpson was seen wearing but without the ankle strap)-- so that should match well with this new addition to my LV family. Once I get this whole mess settled, I will try to get some pics to you all to show you my whole bag 'family' which includes almost all the L.A.M.B. Gwen Stefani for LeSportsac, some Dior, Gucci, Marc Jacobs, and Escada! I almost forgot about those heels!!! ; P

Sophia618-- that's funny that we were both at Orlando's LV yesterday!! That was my first time at the Mall of Millenia...I just moved from Los Angeles, and so that place was almost like a piece of 'home' in Florida!!
BTW--that mall beats any in LA asthetics wise! Sooo airy and clean!

Ok, just called eluxury right now, and interestingly enough their customer service rep told me that the staining was due to a reaction with the glues in the purse, the lining, and the canvas (didn't know there was glue holding the bag together too...)! Strange! I wonder what's going on? Just wanted to add another possible clue to the mystery of this color change on the canvas!

Vuittonhammie said:
Tweetie- please let us know what the manager of the LV said in this thread once you find out! :smile:

Sigh... still waiting...

The manager said she has never heard of this problem and said something about "color transfer is expected in the MC line as per the care booklet"... I said this is not an external color transfer, but rather a problem with their LV suede leaking onto the white over time! :cursing:

Anyhoo... she said she would put a call into the repair center in Cali and see what they say and would get back to me.

Vuittonhammie said:
Sophia618-- that's funny that we were both at Orlando's LV yesterday!! That was my first time at the Mall of Millenia...I just moved from Los Angeles, and so that place was almost like a piece of 'home' in Florida!!
BTW--that mall beats any in LA asthetics wise! Sooo airy and clean!

welcome to Florida!:flowers: !! isn't Millenia Mall wonderful?!! i LOVE LOVE:heart: that place!

Tweetie-- is there a way you can get to another LV store? It may not be the original one you bought the purse at, but at least you can get another opinion. From reading the other threads (and personal experience) not all SA's do their homework or read the LV defect lists. Keep pushin' for the answers! : )

Bumping up an old thread...

Alright ladies - here's my update after a month and it's good news!

So anyhoo, the manager said she took so long because she checked with all the LVs in North America and in Europe to see if anyone had a replacement white mini HL they could send, and the answers were all no.

Anyway, so they did some talking and confirmed that this bleeding is a defect and the reason why this style got discontinued. So even though I bought the bag in April 2003, they'll take it back and give me full store credit :yahoo:

Now, unfortunately I am on a bag ban :crybaby: since I just bought a Birkin, but hopefully I can find something for the same price when I'm in the store next so I won't have to put out any extra cash!