Help! Louis Vuitton Bag

frozen7313 said:
it's illegal to use the fake to bring in more sales/profit. since FRIENDS and other movies/tv shows have well known actors/actresses already, the stuff they carry are only props, since you're paying to see THEM not the bag they're carrying. some fake-bag websites put in their disclaimer that their products are for entertainment use only and are not meant to be used daily/like a real bag, and that their main clients are TV studios that use them as props... like in this scenario.

In this scene, Rachel (Aniston) is seen with a vintage LV tote.. as it fits, since she landed a job at Louis Vuitton in France. Notice, in earlier episodes/seasons, you can see her carrying anything from Gucci to Burberry etc.. and she's the only one with such props cuz she works in fashion.

Branded products that are used simply for props are just that = props. they're not selling the product, and they're not trying to pass them off as real.

Now ... there's an episode where Rachel buys an Apothecary Table from Pottery Barn, and in that episode, I'm sure there was some sort of marketing deal going on, because her, Monica, Ross, etc all say the Pottery Barn name like 400 times and feature a lot of the furniture. that's a totally different story then.

Wow frozen, I didn't know all that. I just knew about the soap opera people using fakes. Thanks for sharing your knowledge!:P

Either this is vintage or its a special order ?? You can always ask..I kinda like the design, I can totally understand why you want one, Satine...

Hope you get it ! And please report if you do. :biggrin:

I have no idea if the Rachel bag is authentic or not, but if it's fake, I think this is sooooooo embarrassing for the whole production!!

Believe it or not, when I saw Desperate Housewives - it was in first season, the scene where Gabrielle wanted to leave Carlos and packed her things - I even identified the traveling bag she used (it was a white multicolor model of a kind I've never seen before!) as fake and asked myself, "Can that be true?".
I'm still very astonished - production companies spend millions of dollars and then they take fakes... *shakinghead*
"Great" example for others... :rant: :yucky:

And as far as Italy is concerned:

Since it is my neighboring state I know that it isn't only illegal to sell but also to buy fakes in Italy! The penalties are up to 10.000 European Euro, which is a little more than 10.000 US-Dollars!
If you are caught red-handed buying fakes (no matter if it's watches, bags, sunglasses, ...) for example on the strand, you might get punished.
I think this is not so bad, because people buying fakes are joint guilty with producers and/or sellers of fakes! Demand determines supply, and if there was no demand, all fakes would disappear of its own volition!

hey im new..and wanted to add in regards to the LV aniston had...I have that exact bag..and mine is fake..my mom bought it 13 years ago in Mexico and kept it for me...I used it as a tote to carry my textbooks in for school for the past 2 years and this year both straps broke..Since it wasn't authentic it was hard to find a mathcing piece of leather to re-attach, so the shoemaker cut the same patter straps but in like a dark brown. It made the bag look soooooooooo much more fake so now i never use it:crybaby:..if ANYONE could find the real version, I would most certainly buy it..This bag is amazing it is quite big perfect for school