Help looking for LV Men's Bag

JoeM92

Aug 20, 2009
Hi guys! I'm new to the forum, but have been reading and researching on here for a long time. I'm a male college student, looking for a good LV bag I can use on weekends, and going out to starbucks to study, etc. Not necessarily looking for a huge tote or anything. Budget is flexible, but I'd like to cap around $1200 or so.

Originially I thought I'd use the money to get a new Keepall Damier Graphite 55 to replace my vintage Mono Keepall 55, but I've since decided I'd rather get a bag I would use more often.

The Damier Graphite is so far my favorite canvas, along with the Damier and some of the other leathers. The Damier Geant is nice, but I prefer a tougher canvas for the money.

So far I've found the Damier Beaubourg and the Damier geant Couguar to be up my alley... I also really liked the Damier Graphite Tadao but I think it's way to big for my uses.

Can anyone out there help me?

Thanks in advance!
Joe

P.S. How much do I have to lay down before I can get invited to previews and events at my local LV botique in Jacksonville? ;)

i agree w CGS, the daniel's are good choices. i have the gm and it great! i use it for shopping and school also. i love the long pocket when u open the bag cuz its really useful to hold folders and loose papers. also the back zip pocket is a huge plus. i think u should totally get it, the only thing is that it is a bit thin if u want to use it for school. i can hold in mine like a 1 inch binder, few notebooks, and folders but it still is very roomy.

have you seen the new macassar line of mens bags? they are pretty hot but not many styles out yet....there is a bag similar to tadao....try checking it out on lv site....good luck and happy shopping dont forget to do a reveal when you get something!!!!

I would definitely suggest something from the damier geant line. I've used my messenger during my entire time in college. It holds up so well in snow, rain, etc. Still looks really great! :tup:

For your purpose i will choose Graphite Daniel MM, otherwise check out Mono Macassar bass, but i think it's more like a weekend bag & cannot store that many things. The last option is Keep All 45 in Graphite or Macassar, it's not so large as 55 & you can use it everyday IMHO :smile:

oh you can never go wrong with your choices. i have the tadao and thought it could be a little bigger than your everyday bag but if you use it for weekend trips, it would be perfect. plus, you can easily stash anything if you want to. and yes, the damier graphite canvas is just oh so nice.

another good option is the damier geant cougar. that is one bag still in my wishlist. i own the compagnon which is not discontinued, a messenger bag, and the canvas still holds so well. contrary to what usually people think that its canvas is not as durable, i beg to disagree.

anyway, good luck with your purchase and looking forward to what you get.

with regards to the amount of bags to get invites...i guess it also boils down to your SA. establish a great relationship with them and you will be invited in no time. of course it helps if you buy from time to time too. :smile:

I would go with the Tadao. I have the Renzo, which is similar to the Daniel, and I don't think I really like the messenger. What about the 45 Keepall? I think you can use it for both travel and around town (and maybe even for the gym).

i would go with a beauborg. its really great bag and it seems like it would fit your needs. as for how much you need to spend... just try to stick with the same SA whenever you buy a new LV and find an SA that likes to chat.....