Help! Leather peeling on handles :(

thetreschic

Oct 21, 2010
Hello ladies!

I was unpacking my stuff from my bag and I realised that the leather on the handles are actually peeling!! Any idea why? This bag has never been under the rain nor does it have any contact with water. I do have another Giant City in Bleu Roi, and the leather and everything else is perfectly fine. No fraying, no peeling or anything. Whats contradicting is that this bag actually has been under the rain a couple of times.

Also, I bought this bag in Tokyo, do you think the store here in Singapore can help me fix it? Do I need to produce anything? I doubt I still have the receipt with me :sad:

Please help!

IMG_2031-1.jpg

IMG_2028-1.jpg

IMG_20262-1.jpg

I've circle the part where the leather has peeled :sad:

IMG_2027-1.jpg

That looks like the sealant breaking off/wearing off.

It does happen on older bags from being carried a lot (I have a 2006 bag that has this). It shouldn't happen on new bags (how old is yours?), imo, but things are changing all over and quality isn't what it used to be. :sad:

That's just the sealant cracking, it's completely normal. All Balenciaga handles eventually look like that. Bal handles show wear pretty quickly so it's nothing unusual for 6 months of use.

My other Bal bag shows no sign of this even after using for more than a year. Whats more, I hardly even use this red one. I know it does wear out, the colour fading and all but in this case, its showing the white portion, just right underneath the red leather (if you get what I'm talking about).

In any case, I'm taking it down to the boutique and see if they can help me fix it