Help! Leather extremely hard!

Dec 18, 2012
Somewhere awesome!
Hi TPFers,

Would water cause the leather of Balenciaga bags to harden? My friend brought back a holiday season bag for me and it is extremely hard. She said when she was in transit, the airport left ll their luggage a in the rain!

justpeachy4397

Melissa
O.G.
Mar 21, 2010
TX
LilMissAwesome said:
Hi TPFers,

Would water cause the leather of Balenciaga bags to harden? My friend brought back a holiday season bag for me and it is extremely hard. She said when she was in transit, the airport left ll their luggage a in the rain!
If anything, water has made my balenciagas softer

MAGJES

O.G.
Dec 13, 2008
North Carolina
Hi TPFers,

Aren't the holiday bags made out of the new chèvre leather? Last year's holiday collection was hard....not soft leather.

shi.ying

Jun 11, 2011
Singapore
LilMissAwesome said:
Hi TPFers,

yup. holiday season were made of goat leather and it's more sturdy than the usual lambskin.

Dec 18, 2012
Somewhere awesome!
MAGJES said:
Aren't the holiday bags made out of the new chèvre leather? Last year's holiday collection was hard....not soft leather.
shi.ying said:
yup. holiday season were made of goat leather and it's more sturdy than the usual lambskin.
Ladies, I have another holiday bag and its not like this. One side of d bag is harder than the other.

Richard.

Balenciaga Obsessed
Aug 11, 2012
GB
I use my bags in the rain and they have never gone hard. I don't have any in chèvre so maybe it's goat thing!