Help! Lastoto booties broke, what to do?

skimmilk

O.G.
Jun 29, 2007
So I wore out my Lastoto patent booties that I got from BG a month ago, out on New Year's Eve, only the 2nd time I wore them out and they are super comfy.

Well somehow the heel broke off on one shoe and it must have fallen out in the cab back to the hotel :sad: It's only been a month and my DH was like what crappy quality shoes they are! This has never happened to me before, with any shoes, especially not ones that I bought "on sale" for $700...

Does anyone know if I could contact BG or go to a CL boutique and find out if they can be repaired? Unfortunately the skinny heel is now lost and I loved these shoes, they were my fav from this season.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

TIA.

o gosh, sorry to hear skimmilk! i think you should contact BG first since that was where you purchased them from. for $700 shoes, i'm sure they'll make it right. :hugs:

So I wore out my Lastoto patent booties that I got from BG a month ago, out on New Year's Eve, only the 2nd time I wore them out and they are super comfy.

Well somehow the heel broke off on one shoe and it must have fallen out in the cab back to the hotel :sad: It's only been a month and my DH was like what crappy quality shoes they are! This has never happened to me before, with any shoes, especially not ones that I bought "on sale" for $700...

Does anyone know if I could contact BG or go to a CL boutique and find out if they can be repaired? Unfortunately the skinny heel is now lost and I loved these shoes, they were my fav from this season.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

TIA.

The entire heel broke off? Oh my, the worst that has happened to me is the entire heel tab came off. You should contact BG or CL boutique, The CL boutique I would suggest more because they have the materials and everything to replace it, you could probably send it off to Paris to get repaired, I am sure they would have no problems with that. I'm so sorry to hear that :sad:

So sorry OP:hugs:I know several ladies have had this problem. LaVanguarda had this happen to her Lastoto booties too after a very short couple of weeks of wear.

I would return them to Barneys. Do you have a SA that you normally purchase from?

I am sure MM7 in Paris could repair them or one of the Boutiques but I would be worried it would happen again.

So sorry to hear that, skim! I'm always nervous about my Elisas bc they have a supper skinny heel. I didn't even think the Lasoto's heels were that skinny. I would definitely bring it up with BG first.

I bought them online and I am sending customer care an email. I have Bergdorf SAs, but they are in the CHANEL handbag department, so I'm not sure if I should ask one of them for help. This is horrible, I hope they will give me a refund or have it repaired but I feel like $700 just went down the drain... For future reference, I will keep everyone updated and let you all know how it goes. Thanks so much for the support :sad:

This is very sad that these super thin heels don't survive. Definitely send them back and get a refund. That's really unacceptable!

^I agree. It's awful.

skimmilk, I don't see why your SA's at BG wouldn't be able to help. I know lots of ladies here use specific SA's that aren't in the shoe department.