Help! Lambskin or Caviar boy?!

I usually like GHW but when I see these two bags I would definitely go for the caviar with RHW, it looks great and like you said it fits your style more. Plus now you don't have to be scared for scratches, if you want a lamb bag you can always get something small like a WOC or Mini so you don't have to worry that much.

Plus the bags aren't cheap, you should go for what you really like and not because you feel bad for your SA.

Ruthenium all the way?

Fun fact:

Ruthenium is an extremely hard, shiny metal and is found in association with platinum ores. It is very rare; no more than 120 kilograms are produced per year. This accounts for the high cost of ruthenium;

The name ruthenium originates from the Latin “ruthenia” which means “Russia”, the home of the discoverer of ruthenium.

At room temperatures, ruthenium keeps its shiny, metallic surface and does not tarnish. Acids cannot damage it when it is deprived of oxygen.

I find this very interesting... Now I want something in ruthenium lol

I vote for the Caviar because it's the one you want. The SA will understand. For a price of Chanel bag, you really should get exactly what you love.

As for the lambskin, I bought my boy bag with this material. I accidentally bang it with my front door very lightly. But you know how terrifying it is. I checked it and it was fine. No scratch. Nothing. So I guess it is not as fragile as it's made out to be.

Thank you all for your helpful responses! I'm going to let them both sit for a day or two and hopefully that might help me with my decision. They are both so pretty and unique in their own way...

On a side note, I'm comparing them side by side and I've noticed that one is made in france, one is made in Italy, and even their sizes are a tad different ~~

Would you be so kind to post a comparison photo? :smile:

So funny I bought the black lambskin with ruthenium hardware and now I'm wondering if I should have held out for caviar! To be honest I like the way the lambskin looks and feels more than caviar, the only reason I'm second guessing is the caviar is more durable.

Maybe you can find the one I got so you can have silver hardware and lambskin? It was from spring act 2

Would you be so kind to post a comparison photo? :smile:

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1402242492.080343.jpg

Sure~! So one is the top view (I had to angle one purse or it would get the sides and not be as accurate). You can see the lamb is slightly skinnier than the caviar. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1402242492.080343.jpg
When you see them from the front, it looks like the lamb ghw is slightly bigger but I think its just an optical illusion...

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1402242692.396871.jpg

This is the side profile and the lamb is definitely wider.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByPurseForum1402242513.696475.jpg
    ImageUploadedByPurseForum1402242513.696475.jpg
    596.2 KB · Views: 1,058
View attachment 2645104

Sure~! So one is the top view (I had to angle one purse or it would get the sides and not be as accurate). You can see the lamb is slightly skinnier than the caviar. View attachment 2645104
When you see them from the front, it looks like the lamb ghw is slightly bigger but I think its just an optical illusion...

View attachment 2645108

This is the side profile and the lamb is definitely wider.

WOWW love this!!~~~~! ♥️♥️♥️

Thank you for sharing.
Is there a weight difference between the two materials?

Do you own other Chanel bags and what colors?
I own a chanel classic flap with ghw already, that being my formal bag; that influenced my decision in getting the boy in the rhw. More casual and edgy.

they really are different ~ one is dressier, one is edgier ~ can you keep both?

I wish! just bought a love bracelet two months ago so I'm on a long ban...
Its the fact that they are both so useful for different purposes that makes me indecisive...but I'm likely going to return the gold as I can get that combo hopefully in a mini someday..(been on waitlists forever now)

WOWW love this!!~~~~! ♥️♥️♥️

Thank you for sharing.
Is there a weight difference between the two materials?

Do you own other Chanel bags and what colors?
I own a chanel classic flap with ghw already, that being my formal bag; that influenced my decision in getting the boy in the rhw. More casual and edgy.

Thats the same reason I'm choosing the RHW. I'm very casual and just don't see the gold one fitting in with my wardrobe as often. I only own one other bag the 14c red m/l flap with silver hardware...but to be honest its hasn't been out of its box and still has the chanel ribbon on its box lol..

I wish! just bought a love bracelet two months ago so I'm on a long ban...
Its the fact that they are both so useful for different purposes that makes me indecisive...but I'm likely going to return the gold as I can get that combo hopefully in a mini someday..(been on waitlists forever now)

Thats the same reason I'm choosing the RHW. I'm very casual and just don't see the gold one fitting in with my wardrobe as often. I only own one other bag the 14c red m/l flap with silver hardware...but to be honest its hasn't been out of its box and still has the chanel ribbon on its box lol..

That's funny, my husband wants me to have the love bracelet, I keep buying bags, ..