Help ladies! CL newbie!

Sep 5, 2009
Hi lovely ladies,

So I was at Holt Renfrew and they have 2 pairs of pigalle 100 available in my size (patent nude and black kid). I tried them on for the first time and I really really love the look overall. However I don't know if the toe box fits me right since I have wide feet. I took some pictures. Can you let me know if that's how the toe box supposed to fit? Do they look nice on me? And last but not least, patent nude or black kid?? :biggrin: Thank you very much! 😊 :smile:

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1409325842.296890.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1409325849.752568.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1409325856.510678.jpg

Hi!

They look good to me and definately look gorgeous on you :tup: I still suggest that you'd take a look at the "ultimate Piggie thread" which is super helpful with all the problems and/or questions with the Pigalle!! ;) The thread focuses on the Pigalle 120 but the P100 pops up sometimes too. There's lot's of talk about sizing, how much different materials will stretch when worn, when "tight" is "too tight" etc., lot's of really good info in general.

http://forum.purseblog.com/christia...sizing-comfort-walking-confidence-614567.html

Hope this helps you! As for the choice you have, black kid!

Last edited:
Hi!

They look good to me and definately look gorgeous on you :tup: I still suggest that you'd take a look at the "ultimate Piggie thread" which is super helpful with all the problems and/or questions with the Pigalle!! ;) The thread focuses on the Pigalle 120 but the P100 pops up sometimes too. There's lot's of talk about sizing, how much different materials will stretch when worn, when "tight" is "too tight" etc., lot's of really good info in general.

http://forum.purseblog.com/christia...sizing-comfort-walking-confidence-614567.html

Hope this helps you! As for the choice you have, black kid!

Hi! Thank you so much for showing me that thread. It was so helpful. As for the colour, I have a few pairs of black heels from Chanel, Saint Laurent and other regular brands but none in nude. Should I get the pigalle in patent nude for now even thought the black kid are also gorgeous and more comfortable. I'm planning to wear them to my grad which will be in Spring and the ceremony will be outdoor. The store never has my size so I really don't want to pass this opportunity. Thank you for your help once again :smile:

They look great on You.

Thank you :smile: i really can't wait to get my first pair of CL. Still debating between which color to get :-s

Hi! Thank you so much for showing me that thread. It was so helpful. As for the colour, I have a few pairs of black heels from Chanel, Saint Laurent and other regular brands but none in nude. Should I get the pigalle in patent nude for now even thought the black kid are also gorgeous and more comfortable. I'm planning to wear them to my grad which will be in Spring and the ceremony will be outdoor. The store never has my size so I really don't want to pass this opportunity. Thank you for your help once again :smile:

Thank you :smile: i really can't wait to get my first pair of CL. Still debating between which color to get :-s

can't go wrong with black as a start point, and they look great on you.

can't go wrong with black as a start point, and they look great on you.
I'll be the dissenting voice arguing for the nude. You already have a number of black pairs. The nude patent is incredibly versatile. I probably wear my nude patent Loubs more than most of my other heels, including black Loubs. The nude goes with everything and is very flattering. Of course, patent takes a bit more time to break in than the kid leather and also feels a bit tighter than the kid. But I still vote for the nude patent. My first pair of Loubs were a black kid leather pair, and I wear them much less than my other pairs.

I think they look great on you. Both are wonderful neutrals. If you already own several black pair and no nude, I would go with the new. Just got myself a pair of 100s in nude patent, and they are beautiful. Enjoy!

They look great on you. Usually I'd say if you have several pairs of black shoes go for nude, but from experience I wonder whether you'd get more wear out of the black. I have lots of black shoes including 2 pairs of pigalles (black patent & mini glitter) & time & time again I always reach for my black shoes. I've got a couple of pairs of nude, but sadly I never really wear them. I think I bought them cause I felt like I should have nude shoes, but the reality is I just don't wear them. Go for the nude if you think you'll wear them, if not then you'll definitely not go wrong with black.

The toe box looks fine on you...unless you feel squished?

I vote for black - less possibility of visible black scuffs than nude (though I'd say get a pair in nude later on!!!)

No I didn't feel squished at all. I just didn't know how the toe box is supposed to fit. Plus everyone kept telling me that my feet wouldn't look good in CLs. I was really sad and didn't get the gut to ever try them on. But I'm so glad I did. For once I felt like my feet are not that ugly :sad:

As for the colour, i'm leaning toward the patent nude since I like patent black more than black kid. I wish they had the patent black available so I could get them but sadly they don't :sad: i'll go back to the store to try both on tomorrow and decide. I wish have money for both :P

Thank you everyone for helping! I'll go back to try them both on again tomorrow. So far I'm leaning toward the patent nude since I like the patent black more than black kid. Thank you everyone for helping me. You are so helpful and kind :heart: I will update tomorrow 😊

Good luck!

If you already own plenty of black shoes and you know you're going to wear them often, then go for it! My most often worn everyday pair of heels happens to be Ted Baker Svana in patent nude :biggrin: They also happen to be my graduation shoes (or matriculation in FIN:biggrin:) I have been the most awful owner to them, since they're not so expensive, eg. my scuff-removal methods would propably earn me a permanent ban on this forum, but they are still in a wonderful condition.

YO_zps0e63fc87.jpg

Like PurseACold said, the patent leather Pigalle will feel tighter than the kid and will take more time to break in. They're propably going to feel more uncomfortable when you first try them on tomorrow. Please remember and oh, please see this post before you purchase, as you learned from the Piggie thread, dont't buy the size that feels nice and comfortable at the store. Don't buy the one that gives you any heel slippage. Buy the one that is tight at the toebox and the heel (the one that propably feels uncomfortable), the recommended size for P100 is ½ size smaller than your true size. The shoe will stretch when broken in, and if you chose the right size, It'll fit like a glove. :smile: If the size was too big, you'll end with heel slippage and a gap in the heel after a couple of wears.
My TTS is 37 and my TB's are in 37 too, and as you can see from the picture, there's a gap :pout: Luckily they didn't stretch any more from that and they fit very nicely with a silicone pad.

I hope you already knew all of this and my lecture was in vain. Hope I don't seem too pushy to you, I just wanted to make sure that you don't do the same mistake that many people at this forum have done and end up with your dream shoes that will end up too big. :hugs: It's always disappointing to read and makes me sad. By the way, my lovely CL Decolletes, which I bought less than a week ago, are at the cobbler and I think you already guess what's the reason.. :cry:

Good luck!

If you already own plenty of black shoes and you know you're going to wear them often, then go for it! My most often worn everyday pair of heels happens to be Ted Baker Svana in patent nude :biggrin: They also happen to be my graduation shoes (or matriculation in FIN:biggrin:) I have been the most awful owner to them, since they're not so expensive, eg. my scuff-removal methods would propably earn me a permanent ban on this forum, but they are still in a wonderful condition.

YO_zps0e63fc87.jpg

Like PurseACold said, the patent leather Pigalle will feel tighter than the kid and will take more time to break in. They're propably going to feel more uncomfortable when you first try them on tomorrow. Please remember and oh, please see this post before you purchase, as you learned from the Piggie thread, dont't buy the size that feels nice and comfortable at the store. Don't buy the one that gives you any heel slippage. Buy the one that is tight at the toebox and the heel (the one that propably feels uncomfortable), the recommended size for P100 is ½ size smaller than your true size. The shoe will stretch when broken in, and if you chose the right size, It'll fit like a glove. :smile: If the size was too big, you'll end with heel slippage and a gap in the heel after a couple of wears.
My TTS is 37 and my TB's are in 37 too, and as you can see from the picture, there's a gap :pout: Luckily they didn't stretch any more from that and they fit very nicely with a silicone pad.

I hope you already knew all of this and my lecture was in vain. Hope I don't seem too pushy to you, I just wanted to make sure that you don't do the same mistake that many people at this forum have done and end up with your dream shoes that will end up too big. :hugs: It's always disappointing to read and makes me sad. By the way, my lovely CL Decolletes, which I bought less than a week ago, are at the cobbler and I think you already guess what's the reason.. :cry:

You look so beautiful in that picture!!!! Thank you so much for your advice. I'm a 39 in other brand but i have wide feet so sometimes the 39 is not really comfortable. I tried on the 39.5 yesterday in both black kid and patent nude. I thought they were perfect. The toe box was tight but not too too tight. There was no heel slippage. Now i'm a bit worried :sad: they don't have the 39 in store so I can't try them on. But if I have wide feet, don't you think I should go half a size up?

My ultimate goal is owning at least 2 pairs of CL, one in patent nude and one in patent black. I really wish they have the patent black in stock, but sadly they don't :sad:

Thank you so much for helping this lost girl finding her first pair of CL :P You are so kind and helpful :smile:

Another vote for the nude pair! Although the black ones look wonderful on you, black kid is more of a work horse shoe IMHO. Patent looks a little dressier, besides, you can pair nude shoes with ANYTHING any time.

First of all, thank you very much for your kind words and appreciation :heart:
Honestly, I wouldn't recommend sizing up, even if your feet were on the wider side. I would take the TTS, which would be 39 in your case. They should fit tightly, and by that I mean really tightly, since they will stretch (and can be stretched) more or less :biggrin: Im not saying that the 39,5 wouldn't by any means, never-ever be the right size for you, I don't know how it feels when worn on your feet.
Louboutin is a b*tch when it comes to sizing, and comfortability isn't necessarily the best way to measure the correct size.

As I am from FIN, I have no experience from HR, but their website states that they don't allow returns or exchange.. If that applies to this particular situation too, it makes things difficult and I would want to try both the 39 and 39½ before making the desicion. What would they say if you asked them to order size 39 from another store to your local HR? (eg. HR at Yorkdale is listed on CL website as a retailer) If they will accept exchange, then you might aswell buy the 39,5 and break them in at home, and size down to 39 if they are too big.

About your goal of owning at least two pairs or Louboutins, I will personally fly to Canada and purchase you the third pair if you don't feel like you want to own any more of CL's :biggrin: They are like heroin, sometimes even one try will addict you :graucho: