Travel Help: kid-friendly beach resort, convenient to SE coast.

vhdos

May 18, 2007
Hello:smile:
I'm turning 40 this summer and had initially planned on throwing a huge party. However, after considering the rather large expense of throwing such a party, we tossed around the idea of going on a trip instead. Our two young kids would be included (ages 7 & 8), so we need a super kid-friendly resort on a beach somewhere that is convenient to NC. I'm thinking maybe Florida, Bahamas, Cayman Islands. Suggestions anyone? Thanks.

You'll have to watch the kids carefully at Atlantis. It's really big, there won't really be much relaxing if that's what you want.
Any Four Seasons, Rosewood's or Ritz have kid's clubs.
We always go to west coast and Maui so I can only recommend things that direction.

Ritz on the Cayman Islands is the best Ritz I've stayed at. The service was great, and Grand Cayman is gorgeous, but obviously it's pricey. The Ritz on Amelia Island off the coast of Florida is nice as well.

Turks and Caicos was one of my favorite vacations ever. It's less crowded and touristy than a lot of the Caribbean and the locals are incredibly friendly. Tons of great local restaurants within walking distance to the resorts. We stayed at the Ocean Club West, very kind and helpful staff. All families staying there. It's very relaxing and laid back.

Ritz on the Cayman Islands is the best Ritz I've stayed at. The service was great, and Grand Cayman is gorgeous, but obviously it's pricey. The Ritz on Amelia Island off the coast of Florida is nice as well.

Turks and Caicos was one of my favorite vacations ever. It's less crowded and touristy than a lot of the Caribbean and the locals are incredibly friendly. Tons of great local restaurants within walking distance to the resorts. We stayed at the Ocean Club West, very kind and helpful staff. All families staying there. It's very relaxing and laid back.

Turks was one of my favorites too. We stayed at Beaches and it has a good mix of family/low key and couple/higher end stuff.

I've never been, but one of my coworkers got married at the Ritz on Cayman Islands and said it was the best resort she's ever been to (and she has traveled all over the world). There were kids/family there and they loved it also.

The Ritz was recommended to me by a friend too, so I'll look into it. Thanks!