Help! Juste un clou Ring owners!

hoot

O.G.
Apr 18, 2007
I have searched and could not find an answer. I just received a YG ring from the eboutique. My ring has what looks like a chip out of the gold - bottom part of the ring on the the outside. (hope that makes sense) But I'm not sure if this is a "marking" or "seal" of some sort. I called Cartier and asked if this is normal and they were no help at all. I can't get a focused picture because it's small.

I tried on the rings at the boutique and did not notice any of them having this mark but I could have overlooked it as well. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

Bring it in ASAP so it doesn't seem like wear and tear. If you have worn it just keep in mind 18k gold is pretty soft.

It still has tag attached and I received it today. So it has not been worn. I called the boutique and the SA told me all rings have this mark. I think she said it should be a dog? I hope others have this in their rings too.

Oh I'm sure it's normal then! I've never looked at the underside of one I guess!

I have never heard of this either! We'll have to see if someone chimes in here with one and can confirm. I'm so shocked I didn't notice it when I was in the boutique trying them on! I usually notice those things! 😉

It still has tag attached and I received it today. So it has not been worn. I called the boutique and the SA told me all rings have this mark. I think she said it should be a dog? I hope others have this in their rings too.

I just checked the hallmarks. It's an eagle's head for 18K gold, and a dog's head for platinum.

I have the ring bought at the cartier store in Zurich, it also has this mark, it isn't a chip

I just checked the hallmarks. It's an eagle's head for 18K gold, and a dog's head for platinum.

Thank you both so, so much! You have been very helpful and put my mind at ease! Since I have you here, can you tell me if yours fits you perfectly, a tad loose or a tad tight? I ask because I bought mine to interchange between the middle finger on my right hand and my pointer on the left. Mine feels just the slightest bit loose. I'm afraid to go smaller , because I feel like my fingers might look a little "sausage" like! LOL! It's so hard with a wider ring, especially since my finger size changes so much between winter weather and summer!

It would have helped if the boutique had the sizes available in the store when I went to visit. It's a pain to get to, otherwise I'd have them transfer them there for me.

Thanks again for all your help!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this! I have owned my JUC for about one month and the other day I felt something on the bottom of the ring. I looked under a magnifying glass and I was sick thinking it was a chip. I just went back and took another look and sure enough it is a mark just like what is posted here. I am so happy I don't have a chipped ring!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this! I have owned my JUC for about one month and the other day I felt something on the bottom of the ring. I looked under a magnifying glass and I was sick thinking it was a chip. I just went back and took another look and sure enough it is a mark just like what is posted here. I am so happy I don't have a chipped ring!

Glad this helped! I have a feeling others might have thought they dinged or chipped their rings as well! 😉