Help!!!! Just got ripped off

can you report her for selling fake items? obviously not to ebay (they won't do a thing so it seems)but maybe the police or customs?
i think there was a thread here in which someone successfully reported a seller to the police.
don't be to harsh on yourself, we all have make mistakes...i got a fake miu miu lurking in the depths of my cupboard! my eight year old likes it so i must start educating her pronto!!!
good luck

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Criminal behavior is becoming far too commonplace on ebay, the powers that be would be well advised to crack down before the entire system implodes! I wish I could offer some advice but it's hard enough to recoup when the item is purchased here--much less abroad.

I believe I have been victimized. Long story short:
I caught sight of an ehtf handbag, checked the seller's credentials, (700+ fb, 100% positive) and placed my maximum bid. (The bag in question retails for $2,500.00.) As the auction winded down the other bidders dropped off and I won it at a ridiculously low price.

I was floored because I had been prepared to pay much more than the winning bid of $900.00. At that point I decided to read her feedback page by page- and happened across a buried neg that had been withdrawn. The buyer said the item she bought was fake. Seller says no way--she had it authenticated at LV, but refunded the money anyway.

I contacted the seller and offered her an out-- she said she needed the money and was willing to sacrifice the bag. At that point I had no choice other than to pay.
I know in my heart that this bag is fake. No one can afford such a loss. So here I am waiting for delivery of a bag that is undoubtedly fake. I'll have to enter dispute and wait who knows how long to recover the money.

It's sickening. :throwup:

Good luck to you.

She is not a powerseller, just a seller with all positive feedbacks.:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: She said she cannot accept credit card due to she in in UK. Anyway, I am so stupid, I am just the dammest person in the world, now I hate myself so much, I should just die.

You are not at fault. Paying by check complicates matters, but there must be some recourse. Contact your bank and request a hard copy of the transaction-thoroughly document your case and submit it to the British equivalent of an Attorney General. It stands to reason that she violated federal law by shipping counterfeit goods internationally. Do whatever it takes but don't let her get away with it!

:boxing:

I remember reading somewhere that if the contact info listed on ebay isn't correct for the seller, you automatically win the dispute. So if that number isn't active and the address is wrong, you may already be in the clear... can anyone confirm this?

ok girls...sorry to hear about another fake bag bought on ebay.
the key to buying on ebay is:
educate yourself when you are buying a bag. here are the rules I use when buying.
look at the pictures. if there is only one picture posted, it's not a good sign. reputable sellers will post numerous photos of the bag.
check the feedback, even if they have all positive feedbacks are there ones that say, "cute bag, but fake".
check the sellers previous solds. look at what/and how many of the bags they have sold. are there a ton of the same style? that's a dead giveaway they are selling fakes.
get familiar with the bag you are looking at, stitching, lining, hardware, labels, serial numbers, you name it.
don't be afraid to ask the hard questions. ask where the bag was purchased, do they have a receipt? why are they selling? honest sellers will be happy to tell you.
and always, always, always, use paypal. you have no recourse with recouping your money should you get hoodwinked if you don't use paypal.
and go with your gut. if you think that something is not right, don't buy it. there will always be another bag.
don't be so hard on yourself. we all make mistakes and a few bucks is not worth beating yourself up over it.
good luck!

Oh you poor thing - please don't be so hard on yourself though. So many people here have got burned, and buying on Ebay is a risk which sadly goes wrong sometimes but does not reflect on you who simply trusted a site that promises security in multiple ways and a seller who appeared credible.

I know Paypal disputes are not an option, but doesn't the Ebay protection scheme apply if Paypal doesn't for resolving disputes? I may have got that wrong - I am sure someone wiser than me will correct me if I have, but it might be worth investigating?

I don't understand how you can pay by cheque if you are in the US and she is in the UK? We can't bank non-UK cheques over here in there UK? Can we? :confused1:

If the bag is fake then you must pursue the matter - I think you can file an Item Significantly Not As Described with Ebay and at least get some money back maybe.

I am so sorry this is happening to you and I really hope it works out for :flowers:

Ugh! What an awful story! I would try to put a stop pay on the check, and DEFINITELY contact eBay, b/c there ought to be (and I believe there is) recourse when seller lists incorrect contact info. Good luck dear! Keep your chin up!

Hi All,

I am SO fed up with people being dishonest, today I've come across a person on ebay claiming to be selling bags from the compay eluxury, they even have the nerve to call their ebay store eluxury womens bags and are selling tons of fake bags- I mean 100's. I have reported them because I just cannot be passive on this matter anymore and yet I wonder how many people will get ripped off in the meantime or whether ebay will look at my report alone and go well its just one complaint!

And to top it off they are using pictures of someone who is a not a registered user, honestly how do you sleep at night Tunebei ???

I am not only angery at the seller but also ebay now. Basically, what they are saying is " Nothing is our fault. And there is nothing we can do. The truth is they don't care, they already put every possible legal responsiblity you may have into the tiny smell letters somewhere." Ebay does not even provide me with the seller's address, even if I want to report she to the local policy or any authority, I don't have the real name and address. Ebay said they just don't have the information. Don't they ask your credit card information when you try to registered in U.S, isn't it the same in UK. Cannot ebay just use the credit card information and find out the seller's name and address??? I guess the truth is ebay just does not want to. I believe they should put on their home page " If you get ripped off, ebay does not care!" Whatever, I guess bad people maybe always get good luck and get away for the sins they did.

Not sure why you think you can't find the seller's contact info, have you tried entering their ebay name into this search on ebay?

http://search.ebay.com/ws/search/Ad...sop=1&fsoo=1&fcl=3&frpp=50&sofindtype=9&pfid=

It should provide full address and phone number. If the address does not match the address that is confirmed on invoice that the seller sent you, you can definitely win a dispute via paypal or ebay. You should file an item not received dispute immediately.

hookEventDispatcherTrigger(false);Unable to access contact information

Unfortunately, you are unable to access the contact information you requested. This can be due to a number of reasons:

1. To better protect the privacy of eBay users, you can only request contact information for eBay users who are involved in your current or recent transactions. Examples are:
  • Sellers can request the contact information for all bidders in an active transaction and the winning bidder in a successful, closed transaction.
  • Bidders can request the contact information for a seller during an active transaction and in a successful, closed transaction if they are the winning bidder.
2. The item number entered is not associated with the User ID that was entered. View the item you entered and make sure the item number and User ID you entered are correct.

3. The item number you entered is no longer available. Contact information is only available while the item is accessible on eBay.

4. The user you are requesting contact information for is an International user. Due to International laws, contact information for International users may be limited.

If you would like to contact this user, you can send a message via eBay's email forwarding system by clicking on their User ID.
ebay.oDocument.oPage.createConfig = function() {var c = ebay.oDocument.addConfig(new EbayConfig('EBX.CrossLinking'));c.sLayer='ebx_layer';c.sHTML='
iconInfo_16x16.gif
You\'ve left eBay Express.Shop again on eBay

Not sure why you think you can't find the seller's contact info, have you tried entering their ebay name into this search on ebay?

http://search.ebay.com/ws/search/Ad...sop=1&fsoo=1&fcl=3&frpp=50&sofindtype=9&pfid=

It should provide full address and phone number. If the address does not match the address that is confirmed on invoice that the seller sent you, you can definitely win a dispute via paypal or ebay. You should file an item not received dispute immediately.

Thanks for the link, but it tells me "unable to access the information"