Help! Just got my new DE speedy. But why it is different with my other LV DE bags?

I have found that the canvas "fades" with use. Actually, I think the canvas accumulates more of a "sheen" with use. This had happened with my monogram pieces. My oldest piece is less "vibrant" than my newer pieces. If I compare my two wallets, they look much like your bag vs. your friends bag. I also read on the forum that the color of the canvases can vary slightly. I have noticed this with ALL of my monogram pieces. None of them are exactly identical in color. This is completely normal, and your DE piece looks just like the pieces I have seen in the LV store. The colors just appear less vibrant with use due to the fact that the material becomes more shiny, subduing the actual colors of the canvas. It's hard to explain. You have nothing to worry about IMO! :smile:

There are other threads on this topic, the Damier canvas can vary greatly, also dirt on older pieces plays a factor. Take a baby wipe and wipe down the older pieces, and just see how much more of a contrast appears. :smile: I understand the frustration though, and I actually couldn't stand it when a wallet of mine did not match my Bloomsbury. I sold the bag. Country of manufacture has absolutely nothing to do with variances. (And nothing to do with any of the random bag differences many people online complain about, lol.) But in this case it's wear, age, sun, the particular roll of canvas, etc.

http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton-faqs/damier-canvas-variation-334729.html

http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vu.../different-shades-of-damier-ebene-724438.html

http://forum.purseblog.com/louis-vuitton-faqs/the-canvas-color-are-different-722510.html

Great post!

And this goes for all type of canvas print wether DE, Mono etc..

I have DE NF, DE Speedy and DE Eva. Of the three, my Speedy looks fading compare to the other two (Speedy was purchased 6 mths before NF. All three are brand new purchased from the store). I did ask my SA why is it so and she told me that DE canvas can vary greatly. Unfortunately, she could not tell me why :sad:

2012LVCollections.jpg

I have found that the canvas "fades" with use. Actually, I think the canvas accumulates more of a "sheen" with use. This had happened with my monogram pieces. My oldest piece is less "vibrant" than my newer pieces. If I compare my two wallets, they look much like your bag vs. your friends bag. I also read on the forum that the color of the canvases can vary slightly. I have noticed this with ALL of my monogram pieces. None of them are exactly identical in color. This is completely normal, and your DE piece looks just like the pieces I have seen in the LV store. The colors just appear less vibrant with use due to the fact that the material becomes more shiny, subduing the actual colors of the canvas. It's hard to explain. You have nothing to worry about IMO! :smile:

hi~thank you for your detailed reply! it seems that the color variation not only happens between new and old bags, but also among new bags. My friend ordered her speedy just two days later than me. The date code of mine is TR4012 and hers is SD5112, the dates are not too far away from each other. Actually I like the color of my friend's speedy but I believe mine will fade to the similar color with use, just as you said :smile:

I have DE NF, DE Speedy and DE Eva. Of the three, my Speedy looks fading compare to the other two (Speedy was purchased 6 mths before NF. All three are brand new purchased from the store). I did ask my SA why is it so and she told me that DE canvas can vary greatly. Unfortunately, she could not tell me why :sad:

View attachment 2082545

Thanks for the picture! the color variation between your nf and speedy is just same with mines!

What's funny? I don't feel comfortable putting details on how I can tell a bag is authentic or not because counterfeiters love threads like this. I have owned/bought, and sold LV bags since 2001. After all, you are the one that started a thread panicking about an LV bag straight from the official website. LMAO.

I just purchased a made in USA 2013 Speedy today - the new one that has a tag in the inside and doesnt say where its made on the outside tab - and it is different from others. I had a DE speedy 35 maybe 4 years ago that I sold and the canvas was way more stiff and the handles seemed larger. Then one the canvas is darker and seems softer - even compared to my GM neverfull in DE. I know mine is authentic because it came form an LV store. I see that the one you posted was made in 2012 - maybe its something with the recent speedys. As far as authenticity it looks good to me! The stamping inside my neverfull is lighter than others -and again its from an LV store so I know its authentic.
Hope this helps!

What's funny? I don't feel comfortable putting details on how I can tell a bag is authentic or not because counterfeiters love threads like this. I have owned/bought, and sold LV bags since 2001. After all, you are the one that started a thread panicking about an LV bag straight from the official website. LMAO.

Oh sorry, I did not mean something was funny, I just wanted to use a smiling face to express the friendly meaning. I supposed to appreciate your helpful information but made you misunderstand, sorry...

I have a speedy de, portobello, and Eva de. All three vary in color and I noticed yesterday while my friend was carrying her de neverfull that my speedy was more shiny than hers. Both were made in USA except mine has the made in stamp and hers has the cloth tag. To be honest I actually like the shinier canvas.