Help! Just got an offer for Kelly Etain Togo

I just picked up a B30 etain in Togo and I think it looks much more gray in person than in photos. Gris mouette is gorgeous too but I think etain will be more carefree if you are at all worried about color transfer

I'm not a neutral color person. Still, I thought etain was the nicest neutral of all. Yet when I ended up getting a K in etain last year, I was very disappointed. It just seemed too brown for me somehow and more I looked at it, I liked it less. It was strange as I usually like etain when I see it as other things, such as belts.:oh:

So if you keep seeing brown undertone, you are not alone. But of course, please do see the bag in person first. Who knows? Maybe you would like it, even if it looks brownish.

I too have a Kelly w/PHW but in Clemence. It has a slight brown undertone but still reads very grey and neutral to me. I, like others here, really love Etain. I am a neutral bag gal and it is one of my favorites. I was able to see her at FSH before purchasing though so agree that if you can visit and try her on first, please do. Good luck deciding!

Hi everyone

My wishlist bag is a Kelly 28 in Gris Mouette, togo leather PHW. In terms of colour, I am looking for a true grey shade without any brown undertones, ideally not too light so it doesn't dirty easily.

I've just received an offer for a Kelly 28 in Gris Etain, togo leather PHW. So close!!! My initial thought was no, because the photos I have seen of Etain look quite brown (as well as the photo the SA sent me here). However the SA said that in real life it is less brown and I've also seen some posts discussing that Etain looks less brown in togo leather.

Should I take the Etain or hold out for GM? Do you think Etain in togo is a "true grey" or does it have brown undertones even in real life?

Many thanks!! xx
Gris Etain is more gray/less brown undertones than Etain, per my SA. Unless you really like the soft, light, true-sky gray color of Gris M, I would go with G Etain! It's a perfect workhorse color as well, more than GM. Good luck and let us know what you go with!

I had both colours at some point - etain is more muddy, GM is very true grey but much lighter - personally neither colour is my ultimate colour but etain for me is less stressful