Help! Just bought a fake bag :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

airisuu

Feb 13, 2012
Just got this vintage bag from the mail today. And my heart just sank when I couldn't open the back zipper and saw the back pocket.... Called the seller straight away and asked for a refund, she said if i can get a letter from Chanel saying it's fake she will refund.. What do i do guys. Help me please! I feel like crying :sad: spent about 1000 usd on it. Help me guys!!
View attachment 3214512View attachment 3214513View attachment 3214514View attachment 3214515View attachment 3214516View attachment 3214517View attachment 3214519View attachment 3214520
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1450172945.186086.jpg

Just got this vintage bag from the mail today. And my heart just sank when I couldn't open the back zipper and saw the back pocket.... Called the seller straight away and asked for a refund, she said if i can get a letter from Chanel saying it's fake she will refund.. What do i do guys. Help me please! I feel like crying :sad: spent about 1000 usd on it. Help me guys!!
View attachment 3214512View attachment 3214513View attachment 3214514View attachment 3214515View attachment 3214516View attachment 3214517View attachment 3214519View attachment 3214520
View attachment 3214521

How did you purchase this bag? That will help us help you. There is also some great info in the Ebay threads about others that have bought fake items and how to deal with that.

You will not be able to get a letter from Chanel, but you can get one here:
Recommended online authentication services for a small fee:
Etinceler Authentications (etincelerauthentications.com) - based in United States
Authenticate4U (authenticate4u.com) - based in the UK

How did you purchase this bag? That will help us help you. There is also some great info in the Ebay threads about others that have bought fake items and how to deal with that.

You will not be able to get a letter from Chanel, but you can get one here:
Recommended online authentication services for a small fee:
Etinceler Authentications (etincelerauthentications.com) - based in United States
Authenticate4U (authenticate4u.com) - based in the UK
Seller posted it on Reebonz and to avoid the 10% reebonz commision we did a private deal, I banked in the money to her, she posted it to me... But i would to think that Reebonz checks all the bags before they let them post it there.... So i really don't understand how did they let it pass.
Seller said she won't accept 3rd party letters. Only from Chanel shop.. So I don't know what to do....

Seller posted it on Reebonz and to avoid the 10% reebonz commision we did a private deal, I banked in the money to her, she posted it to me... But i would to think that Reebonz checks all the bags before they let them post it there.... So i really don't understand how did they let it pass.
Seller said she won't accept 3rd party letters. Only from Chanel shop.. So I don't know what to do....

Chanel never has issued authenticity letters unless you bring a bag in for service and they deny it etc. The co's I posted do offer opinions that can be used for in these cases. As you did a off site deal, Reebonz will not be able to help you.

Are you saying you wired this seller the money?

Chanel never has issued authenticity letters unless you bring a bag in for service and they deny it etc. The co's I posted do offer opinions that can be used for in these cases. As you did a off site deal, Reebonz will not be able to help you.

Are you saying you wired this seller the money?

I'm sorry for this, it sounds terrible. If you wired the money you may need to contact your bank but hopefully you paid with PayPal or a credit card??

View attachment 3214524
Hologram 4088817 seller said she bought the bag in Japan, a second hand shop.

There are not nearly enough pics to authenticate but the inside hologram/serial number looks like it is an authentic hologram. You should contact ex. Etincelers (chanel expert authenticators) and provide all necessary clear photos and have them authenticate the bag. since it is vintage it may indeed be the reason the zipper pocket won't open. the hologram looks correct. Don't get too upset just yet, it may indeed be authentic plus imagine the stress of the seller. Chanel will not authenticate a bag but do contact an authenticator experienced in the brand.

You should definitely have the bag authenticated at one of the places suggested in this post; however, the pocket on the back flap of all my classic flaps does not open (M/L and Jumbo sizes, all purchased directly from Chanel or authorized dept. stores) and just unzips as shown in your photo.

There are not nearly enough pics to authenticate but the inside hologram/serial number looks like it is an authentic hologram. You should contact ex. Etincelers (chanel expert authenticators) and provide all necessary clear photos and have them authenticate the bag. since it is vintage it may indeed be the reason the zipper pocket won't open. the hologram looks correct. Don't get too upset just yet, it may indeed be authentic plus imagine the stress of the seller. Chanel will not authenticate a bag but do contact an authenticator experienced in the brand.
Is ex. Etincelers a website? Or a user on Purseforum?

The flap pockets are not stitched together, but may seem like it since the opening goes 'upwards' when the flap is open. Just stick your hand in. Great for bandaids, backup cash and other flat things :smile:

I hope so! Thanks for the advice!

I was going to suggest getting this authenticated also-you could even post it in the AT thread if you follow the format required. I agree with the other posters that there are not enough pics posted to make a determination, as only a few of the attachments open. When something is authenticated in the AT thread, it is not an opinion that can be used to get a refund but it may give you peace of mind.

In the future, it is usually not a good idea to go 'off site' to make a purchase as you may lose seller protection. There are other precautions to take that can be found in the Ebay threads about buying as well as selling.

Status
Not open for further replies.