Help! J12 watch issues

bonjourErin

Jan 19, 2009
Hello everyone!

I had a question for j12 owners out there. I bought a j12 back in September and 2 weeks after purchase I noticed my time was way too fast (roughly 7 min). I reset it and watched it again to make sure I wasn't crazy and it was true; I took it to chanel and they said magnetism is usually the cause but I never put my watch near anything. That being said I didn't want to send my watch for repair since it was only 2 weeks old and demanded a new watch. After discussion with corporate I traded my first watch for another brand new one. It's been a few months now and the time is fast again and I never put it near anything that can cause the magnetism. I work all day in front of a computer but it's pretty disappointing if that is true since this IS a $6k watch.

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm really disappointed and I love the watch and just don't want this to happen anymore.

If I could please have some advice, that would be much appreciated!

bonjourErin

Jan 19, 2009
** chanel claims that televisions, computers, and any other type of electronics including airport security etc would cause the acceleration of time etc. This is why I thought maybe wearing my watch at work could be the cause... But this should not be happening considering the price tag...

clu13

Shoe and Bag Addict
O.G.
Oct 12, 2008
** chanel claims that televisions, computers, and any other type of electronics including airport security etc would cause the acceleration of time etc. This is why I thought maybe wearing my watch at work could be the cause... But this should not be happening considering the price tag...

I have no experience with Chanel watches, but I do love watches. I purchased DH a Rolex that I wear when I need a "big fashionable" watch. It keeps perfect time. I'm an omega girl and after 5 years, absolutely perfect. DH tries to get me other watches but I refuse. My tag is decent (now and then I have to set it but I do dive and I get Anal about the seal when I change the date)

The two movados I had NEVER kept the correct time. Constantly too fast! They both went back many times. One was an automatic and the other I had to wind. I was told the same thing as you - magnetism, my chemistry, TVs - mag blah blah! I don't buy it though. I agree with you, your chanel should keep perfect time! Other watchmakers manage to do at a fraction of the cost!

Carnel

Nobody's purrfect
Feb 9, 2013
This magnetism issue can happen with any luxury watch brand...and people often don't know what caused it in the first place. The ETA movements used in most Chanel watches are very reliable, hope you enjoy yours for many hears to come :smile: