HELP! Is this too risky?

Lady Stardust

Je m'en foutiste
O.G.
Nov 28, 2009
NYC
www.instagram.com
Agree with everyone else, that would make me super nervous. I’m personally not comfortable with purchasing off Instagram yet as a whole. I see a lot of beautiful pieces from resellers and it seems like the Instagram bags overall look to be better condition on Instagram than eBay etc (that could also be filters being more commonly used) but I don’t like that so many just want money transfers etc, it makes me anxious as a buyer for that amount of money

Mar 6, 2020
I can see why a seller doesn't want to do G&S because it opens them up to scammers as well; it's not a black-and-white thing that "no G&S = scam." That said, don't buy anything from anyone you don't 100% trust and this case, you're nervous so just don't go for it!

Reactions: Antigone

Antigone

O.G.
Sep 12, 2006
You can just offer to pay for the Goods and Services fees.

I won't agree to Friends and Family.

Antigone

O.G.
Sep 12, 2006
I can see why a seller doesn't want to do G&S because it opens them up to scammers as well; it's not a black-and-white thing that "no G&S = scam." That said, don't buy anything from anyone you don't 100% trust and this case, you're nervous so just don't go for it!
Yeah. I've even had instances wherein the buyer charged back with their cc company. Thankfully, I had seller protection on.

But there are scammers out there, both buyers and sellers. So I can see the seller's point as well.