HELP! Is this normal wear and tear?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. I purchased this small monogram YSL shoulder bag less than a month ago and just wondering if this is normal wear and tear? Will the Saint Laurent stores repair this for me under the 1 year warranty? Any tips on what to say when I speak with someone at the store?

Attached Files:

2. If you bought it from the boutique, depending on which country are you in and your luck, they MIGHT do a one-for-one exchange if you are firm in your tone.

If you didn’t buy it from the boutique and since it’s under a month, I would recommend you to make a return if they allow you to do so.

Sad to say this is considered as a wear-and-tear situation due to the sharp corners of the product and I don’t think any repair job can be done on it. But to have it worn out in such manner under a month it’s highly unusual... were you using it on a daily basis or something...?

3. Hi blackcherry!
    Thanks for the reply :smile:
    I've worn it probably only once a week. I'll make sure I have a firm tone and pray that there's someone nice working the day I go to the boutique.

4. I just got this bag for mother’s day. I’m iffy on if I should keep it or not. I love it but I worry about the wear and tear.

5. I’ve had mine for about 2 years and mine doesn’t look like that. Then again I don’t wear mine once a week. Yours looks like it’s be scuffed against something.

6. I've had mine for a few years now and I don't have this wear and tear....best bring it back to the store!

7. #7 May 13, 2019
    Last edited: May 13, 2019
    I had this same problem with my medium envelope bag. I only wore it maybe 2x and it has rubbing everywhere after only 2 weeks. I finally had the opportunity to take it to the SL boutique where it was purchased about 3 months after owning (traffic is a nightmare to get to that mall and it's highly inconvenient, as to why I didn't go sooner). The SA said she'd do nothing & it's "normal." I buy a decent amount from this boutique (at least 2 bags per year), but this SA was not willing to repair or offer any remedy (tbh, I just wanted it repaired. I didn't even want a replacement). So I guess it just depends on your luck and how rude the SA's are.... Best to do it sooner than later, though!

Mind you, I am pretty cautious with my bags. So this is NOT "normal wear & tear." I have over 50 designer bags in my collection right now & some from the early 2000's still - designers ranging from Chanel, Gucci, Dior, LV, Prada, and so forth - this bag by far shows the most wear out of any of my current bags. It was only purchased April 2018 & I've worn no more than 10x b/c I don't like how it rubs off more every time I simply take it out of my closet... I think it's just a common design flaw. I have friends that experienced the same issues but purchased from Nordstrom, and were able to return b/c they stand behind their product.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice