Help, is this normal in a brand new bag?

sminmin99

Jul 11, 2014
NYC
Bought a beautiful quilted caviar WOC 2 days ago, haven't used it yet, when I was admiring how beautiful she is, I found these 2 strange places.
The first one is at the edge of the back pocket, I've already trimmed a little before I took the picture, it was almost 1cm long. second one is at the side of the back. The stitching weirdly popped up
Is it normal? Should I bring it back to the boutique to repair or just return it?
I'm kinda afraid of something that's not good at the beginning, and needs to be repaired more often in the future:sad: but this combo is really hard to find

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1405997984.820518.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1405998008.747641.jpg

Last edited:

sminmin99

Jul 11, 2014
NYC
I would take it back. Good Luck!
Thanks you!
I should double check before purchase it next time:crybaby:
It was just arrived when I was in store, so I didn't check it that carefully, I thought stuff with this price doesn't need a double check.....tears

JE2824

Jan 30, 2014
This exact same problem happened with my RED OOV WOC! It was shipped to me and I noticed the thread on the back pocket was loose and popped out in the same place as yours. The whole thing started unraveling and you could literally pull one side of the pocket off. I was so upset! I of course returned and luckily another lovely TPFer found me a new one. I would def return! If you can't find a new one, then try for a repair, but one will come along. I will keep my eyes open for you. Keep us posted.

sminmin99

Jul 11, 2014
NYC
This exact same problem happened with my RED OOV WOC! It was shipped to me and I noticed the thread on the back pocket was loose and popped out in the same place as yours. The whole thing started unraveling and you could literally pull one side of the pocket off. I was so upset! I of course returned and luckily another lovely TPFer found me a new one. I would def return! If you can't find a new one, then try for a repair, but one will come along. I will keep my eyes open for you. Keep us posted.
Thank you!
I brought it to the chanel boutique near my company today
They told me this is the end of the thread and it's normal.....
I checked many other bags but none of them have this problem...
Uh maybe I should try to find another one
Thank you so much!