HELP!!!is this classic or trendy?

amelia kelly

Sep 22, 2007
NZ/Asia
i've been waiting for this Metallic crackled calfskin flap bag adorned with cut-out Chanel signature for months...and the SA called my today it has arr and waiting for me in the boutique...but now i am a bit concerned...do u guys think this is classic or trendy??? all comments are appreciated!!! TIA

here is the photo from TPFer seahorseinstripes...sorry if its not allowed...:P

Attachments

jmen

O.G.
Jan 15, 2007
It's trendy, imo. It's interesting but also glitzy, which seems to be the way Chanel is going of late with the heavy influx of metallic only reissues, the patents. I would have rather they kept the star flap in production, but that's just me.

ceci

O.G.
Jul 9, 2007
USA
I love this. I would say it's a classic piece. :tup:
It got everythings:
Classic flap style + woven chain + CC symbol + Gold & Silver (leather?!)

Can't wait to see your modeling photos!

Swanky

Admin
Admin
O.G.
Jan 12, 2006
I think it's both :s
The shape is obviously classic and I think the cut outs aren't really even all that trendy.
And although I think metallics are always in I think they're always in as long as they aren't too blingy.
This bag is pretty blingy so IMO it'll come in and back out and back in and back out. . . .

I like it, it's fun!

ValleyO

O.G.
Mar 18, 2006
CA
I like it, but IMO it is trendy. My biggest concern would be how it would hold up over time, with all those different CCs stuck on and the metallic effect, which is more susceptible to rubbing.

florapaul

Mar 1, 2008
i also think it can go both ways. it's looks really fancy, tho', so i would probably only wear for night time events.