help! is this bowler going to be on sale?

tln said:
I wonder if Nordstroms will put the Cola bowler on sale? On the website, it says that the color is exclusive to them.

my nordstroms said they never received it. they check the stock, and nobody has it (this was last week). the sa said that it didn't exist... :huh:

I saw that style bag on sale at Saks in Greenwich, CT over the weekend. I think I saw it at NM in White Plains, NY too. You might want to call these stores and make an inquiry.

monotreme said:
my nordstroms said they never received it. they check the stock, and nobody has it (this was last week). the sa said that it didn't exist... :huh:

I have not seen it in person, just on the website. That is a cruel trick, if you ask me. Maybe it already sold out or something?

The Marc Jacobs boutiques carry Cola so there's no way it can be exclusive to Nordstrom. I saw quite a few Cola bags at the Mercer Street NYC boutique last week, so you might want to try them. I think most of the other patent bowlers were sold out as they did not have any on the floor (there may have been some in the back but the Midnight I believe is all gone). I have no idea if the Cola Bowler is on sale (or will ever go on sale) though.

Not sure about all these exclusivity claims, I would assume that all MJ-styles/colors can be found at MJ boutiques. =)
Though Elux claimed that Blush Stam is exclusive to them, I have heard of members seeing it at other stores.

Nordstrom Seattle (206.628.1253) still have big Bowlers (including Cola) left. Smaller Bowlers, more popular, are sold out at many locations. I'm told that only Moss (green) and Lobster (red) are discounted; Lee (a Patent Shoulder bag in Ursula line) is discounted in all colors though. If any other retailer has it for less, you can always ask Nordstrom to price-match.

If you prefer to buy from Nordstrom (more flexible return/exchange policy than MJ boutiques), check with Seattle store (SAs tend to transfer bags from this location). SAs said the biggest selection of designer handbags can be found at these 3 locations: Nordstrom Seattle, Costa Mesa (South Coast Plaza), and San Diego (Fashion Valley Mall). Seattle Nordies SA Peggy said that their store still have some discounted MJ leather bags, many stores have pre-sold most of their items before the actual Half Yearly Sale (starting tomorrow at 7am).

BTW, anyone plans on going to Nordstrom at 7AM tomorrow? =)

Pretty sure Nordstrom MacArthur Center in Norfolk, VA still has Cola bowlers... at least they did a few days ago. Can't remember if I saw both sizes, but they definitely had both at one time. Could be worth calling. 757-314-1111 ask for Crystal.