help! is this bowler going to be on sale?

Unless SAs from Saks & NM in Southern California give out the wrong info, Chalk/Ivory Bowlers are not on sale. I'm not sure anymore, I'm assuming that some stores at other locations discounted them by mistake?

According to several Saks in Southern California (BH, MV, CM, ...), the discounted Bowlers are Patent Lobster (Red) and Moss (Green) ONLY; Chalk Bowlers are still regular price. Ivory Bowler (Small, Regular Leather) is still $975 at Neiman Marcus Fashion Island.

For anyone who's interested in buying Bowlers at discounted price, you should ring up your local store and ask.

bag.lover said:
Unless SAs from Saks & NM in Southern California give out the wrong info, Chalk/Ivory Bowlers are not on sale. I'm not sure anymore, I'm assuming that some stores at other locations discounted them by mistake?

According to several Saks in Southern California (BH, MV, CM, ...), the discounted Bowlers are Patent Lobster (Red) and Moss (Green) ONLY; Chalk Bowlers are still regular price. Ivory Bowler (Small, Regular Leather) is still $975 at Neiman Marcus Fashion Island.

For anyone who's interested in buying Bowlers at discounted price, you should ring up your local store and ask.

what about the blue ones? i have an ivory that i got on sale, but in my thread about patent discoloration, people say that it'll turn yellow :amazed:
i might exchange my ivory for a blue..

bag.lover said:
Nordstrom Fashion Valley Mall (San Diego, California) has 1 small Midnight (Blue, Patent Leather) Bowler left. You can call (619.295.4441 ext 1250) and ask Joseph to price match to NM for 30% off.

nobody has it anymore.
i got one at nordstroms in glendale, ca today and it was the last one.
there were scratches on the feet so i called the sa and she called the other stores for the midnight blue, but they don't have any.

monotreme said:
nobody has it anymore.
i got one at nordstroms in glendale, ca today and it was the last one.
there were scratches on the feet so i called the sa and she called the other stores for the midnight blue, but they don't have any.

I just talked to Joseph (Nordstrom SA at Fashion Valley Mall San Diego) & asked him to hold 1 small Midnight Bowler for one of us. =)
If anyone calls (619.295.4441 ext 1250), tell him that you are sent by a Purse Forum friend for the item. =)

Good luck finding the Midnight Blue Bowler, ladies. It is a smashing bag. And the color is stunning -- there's really nothing quite like it out there. I love the shade of blue, and the patent gives it an extra kick; it's very cool.

I purchased one a while back at MJ in NY and although I love the color, I sadly came to the conclusion that the bag just wasn't big enough for me. I personally prefer it to the Elise. I really like the streamlined straps on the Bowler and appreciate the minimal amount of hardware.

My Bowler must think I need to keep her because I have had zippo luck with her on eBay. My auctions always end with 20+ watchers, but not a single taker. I was under the impression that they were sold out, but I guess there are a few floating around here and there. Good luck.

justonemore said:
There are still Large Bowlers in Midnight out there ..... I think Nordstrom SCP has them.

I have seen large Midnight Bowlers at Saks too. I know they are still around. I don't like the large though, I think it's too bulky looking. My bag, and the bag that I'm having difficulty with, is the small size.

monotreme said:
i wish they would fit on the shoulders...

My MJ SA said that with time the handles will stretch and the bag will be able to be used on the shoulder. I have no idea if this is true or not since I never used my Bowler. Maybe there's someone here with a Bowler who would be able to add her $.02.

angstofgumby said:
My MJ SA said that with time the handles will stretch and the bag will be able to be used on the shoulder. I have no idea if this is true or not since I never used my Bowler. Maybe there's someone here with a Bowler who would be able to add her $.02.

WOW, I hope not! I guess it depends on your shoulder, but I would hate to see my bowler stretch that much! It's meant to be hand/arm held and it's fabulous!!:yes:

bag.lover said:

OMG!! thanks for the info! :yes: