HELP! Is there anyway out of this situation?!

spaceyjacy

fashion ruckus
O.G.
Dec 4, 2007
At the beginning of July I sold a newer MJ bag in order to fund something from MJ's fall collection. My buyer has now resold the bag and is now claiming that HER buyer says its fake. As you can all guess there is no way in H*LL that that bag I sold was fake. Is there ANY way to protect myself????

Here is the conversation so far:

My buyer:

Hi there I recently sold the Marc Jacobs handbag to one of the buyer and she stated the handbag is a knock off. So I was wondering if you have the receipt of the handbag? Is the handbag really authentic, cause I realized the handbag is not my style and really want to sell it. Is it possible if I can use your pictures that you post it at ebay and descriptions?

My response:

First of all, I am sorry to hear that you didn't find the bag to be suitable for you. I'm still a little sad about having to let it go. If I had the extra $$ I would even consider buying it back but I just bought a new Marc Jacobs from the fall collection. Anyway, I'm sorry to get off topic: that Cecilia is 100% authentic and I'm really shocked that anyone thinks its not. Did she say why she thought that? Is it the strap issue because I know a lot of people don't realize that the Cecilia's from Resort '07(which was the first season they were available) had the fabric straps. Anyway, I don't have the receipt anymore but receipts don't really prove anything anyway(they are often faked).

I would tell your buyer to go onto http://forum.purseblog.com/ and ask for help authenticating in the Marc Jacobs forum. I'm an active member(my user name is the same as my ebay user name) and I trust the ladies who do the authenticating implicitly. They really, really know their stuff. Plus its free because its a bunch of Marc Jacobs lovers who just want to help each other out. If you search for the auction that you won you will see that it was posted in the authentic "Ebay Deals" thread by trusted members.Link:http://forum.purseblog.com/marc-jacobs/marc-jacobs-ebay-deals-finds-199892-520.html#post6955286

Scroll down to the middle of the page and you will see that a trusted member(NOT ME!) has posted pics and a link to that auction you won. take note that members take this VERY seriously.

I really don't know what else to tell you. There is no way I would buy or sell a fake. I would recommend that you take your own pics of the bag its always better that way. Let me know if I can help in any other way.

Last edited:
Because there is nothing she can do through Paypal once the 60 days has passed.

Actually just read on eBay that claims cant be made if filed 45days after payment. So there is little she can do - so dont worry you know you have told the truth.

Last edited:
^Thanks Beany! It is the strap which is causing all the trouble, its really a bummer because I was one of the .5% of people who really liked the strap and now I wish I hadn't sold it at all. The silliest thing is that my buyer used the Shopbop stock pic in her auction. . .which shows the strap VERY clearly:sad:

^Thanks Beany! It is the strap which is causing all the trouble, its really a bummer because I was one of the .5% of people who really liked the strap and now I wish I hadn't sold it at all. The silliest thing is that my buyer used the Shopbop stock pic in her auction. . .which shows the strap VERY clearly:sad:

I've just check the auction, 1 picture and a stock one.....I really liked the strap too, should have rehomed yours. It's going to work out ok hon, she can't file with paypal. Anyway how do we know she's really selling the bag she got of you? :hugs:

^Thats actually what I am the most worried about. While I want to believe she just wants to sell it, she has listed it twice. The first time she copied my listing exactly, I reported it and ebay pulled it. The second time she just used that stock pic. Now she is asking to use my pics and my listing. I don't know what to think:confused1:

I'm sorry, but at this stage, it's out of your hands. I can't believe she purchased it on July 2 and has already relisted/resold it???

Sounds like she was trying to make a profit to me. Which I realize there is no law against doing that, but it's too bad that she didn't purchase it because she wanted it for herself.

Oh well.