Help! Is my pigalle too small for me???

joeyjoeyjoey

Sep 23, 2010
Hi ladies!

I recently bought the pigalle 120s...
My spikes flats were size 37.5 and I've read through the forum and I went a full size down for it
The store didn't have size 37 for me to try on so I was not able to gauge which is better for me

I wanted to wear them for CNY so I thought I need to break them in and so brought the shoes to the office

But they hurt so badly I'm wondering if it is normal! :sad:

I'll upload the pictures tonight!

Louboutin1

Jan 28, 2013
East Coast - USA
It is not normal to hurt...CL run small. I always go 1/2 or full size up depending on style. With flats I go 1/2 size up and heels a whole size up. You want to feel good and look good without any pain...hope this helps:smile::smile::smile:

poppyseed

Sep 10, 2008
UK
I don't have Pigalle 120, only 100 and in those I go half size down. My Pigalle Plato 140 (effectively Pigalle 120) is half down, but could have done with full size down. So I would say if you went full size down, you should give them a chance to break in, they will stretch IMO. I just wore my brand new Pigalle 100 in patent yesterday for the first time and they sure hurt.

Nolia

Red Soul
Authenticator
O.G.
Mar 11, 2011
Canada
Are they patent? With Pigalles, I would size down half for patent (and thow in heel grips or ball of foot pads) and one full size down for all other materials (since they will stretch).
They are not supposed to be unbearably painful. IMO, I would return them.

joeyjoeyjoey

Sep 23, 2010
But I've had vibrant soles done to them it's impossible to return them... ;(
The front part hurts but I'm hoping they stretch...
It's 2 days to CNY!

Any other solutions to break them in fast?? ;(

Nolia

Red Soul
Authenticator
O.G.
Mar 11, 2011
Canada
It's 2 days to CNY!

Wear them gently and resell after CNY. If you are going to force yourself, you may seriously injure your foot. Other ways to stretch include putting a bag of water in the toebox and freezing it (risk damage). Wear it with socks (risk stretching heel too much). Wear another pair.

CEC.LV4eva

O.G.
Jun 4, 2006
It's 2 days to CNY!

Sorry to sound like a smart a** but didn't you try on the shoes BEFORE getting them vibramed?
I know it's too late now, but if they fit well (without walking) and only hurt when you weight bear, then it might just be because you're not used to the Pigalle style. It's very narrow at the front, which is not suitable for most people's feet unless you can bear with the pain.

Hi ladies!

I recently bought the pigalle 120s...
My spikes flats were size 37.5 and I've read through the forum and I went a full size down for it
The store didn't have size 37 for me to try on so I was not able to gauge which is better for me

I wanted to wear them for CNY so I thought I need to break them in and so brought the shoes to the office

But they hurt so badly I'm wondering if it is normal! :sad:

I'll upload the pictures tonight!
Are they patent or regular leather? If they hurt really badly then not sure what to say but maybe wear them around the house to stretch them out. 120 Pigalles you have to go a full size down, in 100 - your normal size, Plato - half size down.
You did the right thing going a size down, maybe you are not used to the snugness.
Oh, and remember, 120 Pigalles are still 120mm heels, they are going to hurt after a few hours!!! If you wore them to work maybe it wasn't the right thing to do.