Help!!! Ingrown hairs

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. hey guys, I just started waxing/plucking and im getting some ingrown hair..how do i get rid of it and also prevent them from coming up???

2. I found "Tend Skin" to work. I apply it after a bikini wax.

3. I get them too. The lady who does my waxing says to exfoliate the day before I come but I always forget. She also suggests applying ice because I have sensitive skin and when I remember this seems to help some with the ingrown hairs believe it or not.

4. I second the tend skin- its expensive, but totally worth it

5. Tend Skin works well, but I really like Min Solution 2 bc it is a rollerball applicator. Exfoliating helps a lot, and if you do find an ingrown I have found that putting Clearasil on it works pretty well. Above all DO NOT pick at them, this seems to make them worse and can cause scarring

6. I use PFB, which is like Tend Skin, but with a roller applicator. I hated wasting Tend Skin on a cotton pad everyday. I also exfoliate with St. Ives apricot scrub once or twice per week.

7. I also use Tend Skin too and the ingrowns just pop right up! My aethestician also advised to use it BEFORE coming into a bikini wax appointment. Just swab the entire area you're going to get waxed before you go into the salon...

It's pricey, but a little goes a long way and when you get a painful ingrown, it's worth every penny!

8. okay- I was doing brazilian waxing for about 6 mos and stopped. I did really like it, but I decided to take a break during the hot summer and save myself $$$. Now, up top where the forest grew back in I'm full of hard itchy bumps. I'm dying over here! Seriously, I'm tempted to go back to waxing, but then I will see all the bumps/ingrowns. I exfoliate there during every shower and it hasn't cleared up. Should I pony up for the Tend Skin and do you think it will help me? God, this is so emabarrassing!