help! Indigo Mercer Blake...hard to find sale item or not? should i do it?

beachgal

O.G.
Feb 18, 2007
I really like the look of the classic blake but the mercer is slowly growing on me. The Indigo seems like a nice colour too- but not sure yet-

MJ_11786037_navy_h_pu.jpeg

Do you think this is one of those bags that'll eventually get marked down quite a bit? it seems like the blakes are harder to find on sale? I'm looking to get it for around 700-ish--would that be too much? or should i be a bit more patient? thanks for your input!!

Have you checked with any of the dept stores currently having sales?

Bloomingdales is running their Friends & Family event right now -- in fact, Sunday is the last day. MJ bags are 20% off (some of the styles have already been marked down 30%, so they're an addtl 20% off of that - but I don't believe the Mercer Blake is one of those)

Then on Tuesday, NM is having their semi-annual "Private Night" sale -- where certain designer bags will be 30% for one day only -- they haven't released the list of eligible designers yet (that gets released on Monday), but the SA I talked to today thought that MJ would be included. They are also starting their First Call Sale (end of season clearance), where certain styles will be permanently marked down 30% (until Last Call a few weeks later, when they are marked down again). I'd be surprised, tho, if the Mercer Blake was included in 1st call.

Finally, Barney's in Dallas, TX is having a one-day only event on Monday (5/5) -- MJ bags are 40% off. They've been pre-selling since Wednesday, so I don't know what is left by now, but it's certainly worth a phone call to see if they have it!!

Here are some phone #s for you:
Bloomingdales, Chicago (Michigan Avenue) - 312/440-4563
Barneys, Dallas, TX - 469/221-4700
You can call any NM (#s on the website) to get info re: Private Night

Good Luck -- I hope you find your bag!

hey iluvmybags-thanks for the helpful info!! I actually did find one around 700-ish, but just wondering whether i can get it at a better deal later on ... it just seems like around the major sale season, blake's aren't readily seen (whereas stams are...)
also, is this bag-style "worth it?"
let me know what you guys think-thanks!