help! in search of the perfect everyday shoulder bag...

it really depends on ur style, as funny as it sound, but it's really like shopping for a car imo since there are so many factors one must look at:

1-which line? Classics:mono, damier, azur, Bold:vernis, MC, Elegant: suhali, nomade, epi, Casual: mini lin, denim, or antigua

2-easy or high maintenance? avoid nomade, vernis line if u don't plan to baby ur bag, also vachetta(pale leather) bottom (ex. mono lockit) requires more attention to keep even patina (process of vachetta deepens in color).

3-structured or casual? what i consider casual are like Neverfull, tulum, BV, structured are like Manhattan, Sac plat, ellipse etc

To avoid headache, I would go w/Speedy in either Azur, Mono, or Damier(truly worry free-vachetta less!), Neverfull (Damier & Azur print coming soon) either small or medium-u can adjust the shape by the straps, Manhattan, Le Fab from Suhali, or Sac Plat-popular in JP & Asia, a bit different than normal LV bags.

our Visual Aid section consists of many model pics of vertually all LV bags, so it's great for ur research too!

I love the papillon. It will be my next LV. But, my go-to bag is the Viva Cite GM. It's a true shoulder bag in MC. It holds files and papers, but doesn't overwhelm me. I'm not tiny -- 5'6". I realize that nearly every bag I own is the same size as the Viva Cite. I have a LV Ellipse MM and an Alma in Epi. It's a comfortable size for me and holds a lot of stuff. It's three years old now and still looks great. The great thing about the VC is the strap always stays on my shoulder and does not slip. That's really important to me.
Good luck and get what feels right.
Best
--Judy

I use Beverly MM as my everyday bag for work and just about everything. I love it and it holds everything I need... wallet, keys, ipod, calendar, lip gloss, mirror, keycards, coin change purse, cell phone, and lotion. :graucho: