Help! In desperate need of a Chanel for everyday use!

Joleenx3

Chanel & Sea Shells
Apr 22, 2012
:help:I've been really wanting a new Chanel purse for everyday use, but I can't decide what i want. I've been looking into the PST and Medallion totes, and I'm wondering if there are more options I'm unaware of? I like the PST for the chain handles, but i really don't like that it doesn't have a zipper. I like the medallion tote because it has the zipper, but I'm not sure how i feel about the rolled handles. I feel like they would wear quickly as an everyday bag. I'm 5ft tall and 95lbs, so i don't want anything too huge. If you could give me your opinions/experiences with either of these totes, or know if any other options and their price points it would help me a lot! Thank you!! :heart::biggrin:::tpfrox:

Last edited:
I suggest the GST! I like the proportions more than that of the PST. There's a central zipped area along with a zip pocket, so you have options. It's a little stiff at he beginning but you definitely become accustomed, I use mine all the time, it's perfect!

I suggest the GST! I like the proportions more than that of the PST. There's a central zipped area along with a zip pocket, so you have options. It's a little stiff at he beginning but you definitely become accustomed, I use mine all the time, it's perfect!
Thank you for your reply! I probably need to try the GST on in store again, but I felt like it was too big on me, because I'm very petite (5ft tall and 95lbs). I do like the shape of the GST more than the PST though. :biggrin:

I love my GST but I don't want to use it everyday because I want to keep its boxy shape...and it's kinda heavy too. How about a seasonal bag? Seasonal bag is cheaper and you don't cry as much if you "abuse" it everyday.

m4gg1ech1u said:
I love my GST but I don't want to use it everyday because I want to keep its boxy shape...and it's kinda heavy too. How about a seasonal bag? Seasonal bag is cheaper and you don't cry as much if you "abuse" it everyday.

That's what I was thinking too with the GST. Plus knowing me since its so big I would stuff it with so much stuff, it would loose its shape, and also hurt my shoulder! Haha. Do they have pictures of the seasonal bags online? Or only in store?

That's what I was thinking too with the GST. Plus knowing me since its so big I would stuff it with so much stuff, it would loose its shape, and also hurt my shoulder! Haha. Do they have pictures of the seasonal bags online? Or only in store?

They have seasonal bags online too. So probably need a tote since you carry a lot of stuff.

yslvchanel said:
Hi Joleen, not sure if you are aware of this: Both PST and Medallion have been discontinued. They may be very difficult to locate these days.

Was the PST just recently discontinued? I saw the bigger version but don't really care for it ):

lovemybags54 said:
I was at the boutique on 57th in NYC. They haves red pst but it is discontinued. I have the pst and the cerf tote. I like the cerf better then the pst. The pst loses its shape.

How does the Cerf tote close?