Help in deciding first Chanel... under 3k

ssicaa

O.G.
Apr 21, 2012
So i wanna get my first chanel next week before the alleged price increase.. but im not sure what I want... my max is $3k.. and I wanna get it at Bloomies (15% off :smile:))

I really like the In the business flap but it's sold out :sad:
I'm thinking about the french riviera in black but im not so sure..
I also like the just mademoiselle in medium...but im not sure if i should get a flap style for my first...

are there any other you would recommend that's similar to the ITB or the French Riviera that fits my budget and also is still available?

Or any of these that you think would be great (French Riviera or Mademoiselle)

Thanks for your help!

I second the GST, as it is a classic can carry a lot of stuff as well as being versatile it is a classic bag which is going to go past the $3,000 mark when the next increase hits.

Having just purchased one, I second the GST. It's a timeless classic and will hold tons. It really also depends on your lifestyle, what use you are seeking, etc. Personally I wasn't all that impressed with the Riviera.

So i wanna get my first chanel next week before the alleged price increase.. but im not sure what I want... my max is $3k.. and I wanna get it at Bloomies (15% off :smile:))

Or any of these that you think would be great (French Riviera or Mademoiselle)

Thanks for your help!

How do you get 15% off at Bloomies?

I like the French Riviera tote, but I'm not too crazy about the FR flap. Mademoiselle is also a great option. Good Luck!:smile:

Having just purchased the medium sized french riviera flap in red, i would recommend it. I looked at the GST (gorgeous bag btw) but am not a tote bag girl. The clutch with chain is also nice if you arent carrying a lot.

thanks for your input!

Im not sure about totes... since all of the bags i own now are totes haha.. and it wont really be an everyday bag... more like a special occasion bag.

But here's the list so far:

Mademoiselle - Medium, Black, GHW (Calfskin or Caviar if possible) - i think this is over my limit :sad:
French Riviera Flap - Red or Black
GST - not sure... - Black, GHW
Mini Flap - Black, GHW (Caviar)
Clutch With Chain - Black, GHW (Caviar)
Lady Pearly Small Flap - Black
WOC Timeless CC
WOC Brilliant
WOC Classic Quilted

Would love love love the In the Business Flap (Black)

Last edited:
thanks for your input!

Im not sure about totes... since all of the bags i own now are totes haha.. and it wont really be an everyday bag... more like a special occasion bag.

But here's the list so far:

Mademoiselle - Medium, Black, GHW (Calfskin or Caviar if possible) - i think this is over my limit :sad:
French Riviera Flap - Red or Black
GST - not sure... - Black, GHW
Mini Flap - Black, GHW (Caviar)
Clutch With Chain - Black, GHW (Caviar)
Lady Pearly Small Flap - Black
WOC Timeless CC
WOC Brilliant
WOC Classic Quilted

If you have plenty of totes, still take a look at the GST, especially in the light beige color if you want something more "fancy." The Mademoiselle is nice, but I don't recall the price. The new Riviera is perforated, and the red is more orange than the one for cruise (although it's still called "red"). The mini flap might be nice if you don't have a flap bag yet.

You really ought to just go in and try many bags, and see which ones really speak to you, and which will go with your lifestyle and what you want the bag for. It's you who will be wearing it, hopefully for a long time, so you want to feel secure. :smile:

If you have plenty of totes, still take a look at the GST, especially in the light beige color if you want something more "fancy." The Mademoiselle is nice, but I don't recall the price. The new Riviera is perforated, and the red is more orange than the one for cruise (although it's still called "red"). The mini flap might be nice if you don't have a flap bag yet.

You really ought to just go in and try many bags, and see which ones really speak to you, and which will go with your lifestyle and what you want the bag for. It's you who will be wearing it, hopefully for a long time, so you want to feel secure. :smile:
Thanks! I'll def bring a list and try everything... and ask for my SA's opinion on other styles! hope that the increase doesnt come before then!

Thanks! I'll def bring a list and try everything... and ask for my SA's opinion on other styles! hope that the increase doesnt come before then!

I hope you are planning to go in very soon, as someone has reported that some stores have started to increase the price on Chanel costume jewelry.