Help in choosing a wedding band

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
?

Wedding Band selection

1. Trinity Small

8 vote(s)
    44.4%
  2. Love Ring

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. None - Go for Tiffany bands

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Wondering which would be a better choice for a first Cartier ring.. mostly for wearing on its own. Is one more scratch resistant than the other? Any help’s appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. I have the white gold Love wedding band and pretty much wear it everyday either by itself on my right hand or with my engagement ring in lieu of my actual wedding ring on my left hand. It’s a versatile and understated piece, but prone to scratching. The second ring stands out more on its own, but isn’t really my style.

3. Can something be done about the scratching at all? Like does Cartier polish it or something again? I have no idea.

4. Yes, Cartier does have a jewelry polishing service, but I’ve never used it. I don’t mind the scratches; I think they give the ring more character.

https://www.cartier.com/en-us/services/care-adjust-repair/jewelry/adjust-or-repair/polishing.html

Natalie115 and Sidra Khan like this.
  5. Trinity. I may be biased because it's basically a Russian wedding ring. The 3 colours of gold just make me happy.

Sidra Khan likes this.
  6. I've worn the same Trinity ring every day for almost three years and it isn't scratched too bad. I guess it isn't scratched so much because of the design with the three rings. Mine mostly has really fine scratches which look like a overall patina and not really bad or deep scratches. I can try and take a picture tomorrow.
    I've bought the love wedding band last week - in rosegold though - and I think this one will be more prone to scratches.

7. Do you have the trinity in small or classic? I’d love a picture! Thank you! My engagement ring is white gold and so I just thought white gold would match well. However, the rose gold is such a beautiful color

8. I have the pave love ring and I love it. With all the diamonds there is not a lot of exposed gold to be scratched.

Chaton likes this.
  9. Do you have it in white gold?

10. No, pink

11. I have the small Trinity. Will take a picture tomorrow!

12. first

13. White Gold can be redipped in rhodium to reduce scratches. I don't know how Cartier handles redipping the Trinity ring, since it has both golds on it. The Love ring seems simpler to maintain.

14. I just went outside and took a few pictures. Please excuse my reddish and dry hands!
    But I think you can see what I mean by 'patina' on the trinity.

Attached Files:

Sidra Khan and hhw like this.
  15. Thank you for sharing the pictures! This is so helpful. Is the size same for the love ring and trinity ring or did you have to order a different size?