Help! I'm wondering if this is normal for my Chanel?!

petitechouchou

Giddy up!
Jun 9, 2009
Hi all, I posted a picture of my beloved Chanel Le Marais bag and I wasn't sure if this was normal wear with this particular style (Notice lost of gold color and black is starting to show) And if anyone had any insight if Chanel or if you gals could suggest any help in bringing back her 'bling bling'. Thanks in advance for all your help & responses! :smile:

Attachments

• chanel.jpg
    chanel.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
I don´t have a chanel in gold, but I do have a pair of lanvin flats in gold and the color has faded a tad in the front, not sure if it´s because they´ve gotten dirty or if it´s how the leather progreses over the years. I tried rubbing it away with water, unfortunately without any luck, so I´m kind of in your situation. Not quite sure what to do now though.

I have this bag in this color. Some of the black is supposed to show through the gold, my bag has the distressed wear in random places, a little on the side (upper and lower), not smack in the middle like the bag in your photo. I've had my bag for at least 2 years now, and none of the gold has come off on it's own. Here's my bag:

Chanel008.jpg

IMHO, I think it's a case of your underarm rubbing against the flap, causing the metallic coating to be rubbed off from the surface, showing the black leather underneath.

Hi all, I posted a picture of my beloved Chanel Le Marais bag and I wasn't sure if this was normal wear with this particular style (Notice lost of gold color and black is starting to show) And if anyone had any insight if Chanel or if you gals could suggest any help in bringing back her 'bling bling'. Thanks in advance for all your help & responses! :smile:

Did you just purchase this from Avelle's outlet recently? They had the same one for an affordable price. Avelle does repairs and I spoke to the sales manager and she is soooooo sweet! They work miracles, you should look into it!!!

Some bag restorers spray a coat of paint over it - not unlike what they do for ink stain repairs - using a custom mixed paint of the same shade. Most of the times one can't really tell where the new coat of paint ends and where it begins! They are that good :smile:

Hi JessieRose! No I bought this brand new at Chanel when it first came out and fell in love with it since. I do appreciate your suggestion and I will contact the sales manager at Avelle to see if she can help me. Thank you so much! :yahoo: Just curious, how much are they in the outlet?

Thank you so much haute_brands! I'll follow up with it and see if it's best to get it re-sprayed. Never thought about it til you mentioned it! Thanks for your help! You guys are the bestest! :woohoo: