Help - Im totally confused by the chelsea satchels

donnalynn11

Jul 25, 2007
I never looked at these bags before because Im not really a fan of pebbled leather. I won a chocolate brown one on ebay last month and I really love the bag. Then I picked up the mineral, which I now learned is an outlet version, last week. Well, I looked at the pictures posted in another thread, and neither of the bags I own have the extra hardware and detail on the straps as some of those pictures. So what the heck do I have - two outlet bags? The chocolate one doesnt have an F on the creed. Here are pics, if anyone can clarify for me. I will lose sleep over something stupid like this - its really bugging me!!

Attachments

Hisgeekygrrrl

Dreamer of dreams
O.G.
Feb 27, 2008
I don't know the answers, but I love the mineral and I think the silver hardware looks better than the brass. ;)

Rapunzel

Passion for Fashion
Apr 3, 2007
New England
I'm pretty sure the brown one is the boutique version. It has writing on the studs on the handles (unlike the factory one) and brass hardware as opposed to nickel...I could be wrong though, i'm certainly not an expert on the matter.

CaptainPicard

Oct 5, 2007
California
I'm glad you brought this up because I've been watching one on Ebay and did not know there was a "boutique "AND and "outlet" version...can someone tell me if the below bag is an outlet or a boutique ? Its listed at $209...that would be kind of high if it were an outlet bag yes ?

admat97

AHS...Yes!
O.G.
Jan 1, 2008
Florida
The one of the actual made for full price store is this one (from the drilldown). It has the same hardware as Donnalynns Chocolate one.

Hisgeekygrrrl

Dreamer of dreams
O.G.
Feb 27, 2008
Captain I bet it is an outlet bag. Someone else said the chelseas with the silver hardware are outlet bags, but I am not positive.

baglady39

L E G A C Y
O.G.
Sep 15, 2007
The brown is a boutique bag. You can tell by the logo snap heads on the handles (as opposed to the basic rivets), as well as the brass hardware and no "F" on the creed. The one on the right was just recently released as a factory only bag (the mineral shade is also lighter than the boutique version, and is not vintage leather). They are both very pretty!!

The one in Captain Picard's photo is also an outlet bag.

arsweb

chocolate bag addict
O.G.
Jul 25, 2008
I think it's my thread that confused you! The brown one you have is a boutique bag, style #10953. They also made this bag in vintage leather style #10963 (this one has the extra hardware on the handles). I'm not sure of the factory version's style number, but that one starts with an F.

#10963 (in this one, the black bag has brown handles)

Last edited:

T-Girl

Ahhhh...I'm falling!
May 7, 2008

#10963 (in this one, the black bag has brown handles)
OMG, You're killing me with these gorgeous pix of chelsea satchels! Now I want one myself :drool:!

But I should be satisfied that I have a Chelsea tote in inky grey and that should be enough. (see below)

IMHO, both bags whether boutique or factory are gorgeous bags. The outlet one actually looks prettier with the extra metal loops. It just looks more like my own boutique tote below. For me, I'd be very happy with those two bags no matter where they came from.

Take care,

Attachments

New2Coach

O.G.
Jul 26, 2007
Texas
This is the one I posted in the other link. It is a boutique bag, but it is the Vintage leather. I am not sure about the others. I know they had a regular Chelsea Leather bag that was also in the Boutique and then the outlet ones. Hth's.