Travel New York City {NYC} - tips - questions - advice!

Hi guys!

at last I'm flying to NYC next week!!
i need some help here! I'm only in NYC for 4 days! where should i go to shop? n what is the MUST buy in NYC??

I'm planing to go to Woodbury common premium outlets! and those department stores in NYC, but what other places should i go?? where can you find cheap fashion clothing for guys in NYC??

i cant wait!!!!! NEW YORK HERE I COME!!! :biggrin: :nuts:

Hello Ladies:

I was wondering where to go in NYC for good deals on clothes and shoes (preferably lower Manhattan). I already know about Century 21 but other than that I have no other ideas.

Also, could any of you suggest a good daytime activity in the city (i.e. Central Park, etc)? Thanks so much!

If you want really cheap second hand clothes (sometimes you may find brandnames in the mix if you're lucky), and you're willing to make a trek out to williamsburg or park slope- visit Beacon's Closet.

http://www.beaconscloset.com/

There's also another second hand designer store somewhere in the East Village, but I forget it's name and I forget which street it's on. It's run by these japanese folks.

mlertpac said:
If you want really cheap second hand clothes (sometimes you may find brandnames in the mix if you're lucky), and you're willing to make a trek out to williamsburg or park slope- visit Beacon's Closet.

http://www.beaconscloset.com/

There's also another second hand designer store somewhere in the East Village, but I forget it's name and I forget which street it's on. It's run by these japanese folks.

i think you're talking about tokyo 7 near st. marks?

susan-eric said:
Loehmann's on 7th Avenue between 16th and 17th Street, but only their designer floor is any good. Their purse section tends to be boring.

I go there ALL the time I love it!..yes there purse section,and shoe section is boring!.. Im always next to the premium denim area =D

My daughter and I are making our annual mother/daughter Broadway/Shopping trip to the Big Apple. Any restaurants we should try? We are letting my son tag along this time and he LOVES the Pastis lobster and fries w/ mayo - but I am thinking of trying something different. Is Spice Market all its made out to be? My children are travelers so I am not worried about ritzy restaurants, they are extremely well behaved and no problem so let the advice fly:yes:

ugh.. as a New Yorker, I despise when tourists refer to NYC as "the big apple." its just so.. I can't quite describe it. Corny? Maybe.

Any restaurant? What kinds of food do you and your children enjoy?
Random restaurants that come to mind:

21 Club, Nobu, Lombardi's Pizza, Isle, Kum Kang San, Terrace on the Park..